Michael Tucker

West Ham 1 Chelsea 2

226 posts in this topic

Fabregas to start this one as well. I know we've gone for a horses for courses approach this season, but how do you drop someone who got a goal and an assist, and totally ran the previous game? I know West Ham away will be niggly and physical, but Fabregas' quality is really shining through and he deserves a run of games. He's played his way in and it just wouldn't be right for him to be dropped at this moment.

The rest of the team picks itself, with the old Pedro/Willian decision to make. As with Cesc, you probably have to reward Pedro with another start. He's scored in what, 3 games in a row now? 

35 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Fabregas to start this one as well. I know we've gone for a horses for courses approach this season, but how do you drop someone who got a goal and an assist, and totally ran the previous game? I know West Ham away will be niggly and physical, but Fabregas' quality is really shining through and he deserves a run of games. He's played his way in and it just wouldn't be right for him to be dropped at this moment.

The rest of the team picks itself, with the old Pedro/Willian decision to make. As with Cesc, you probably have to reward Pedro with another start. He's scored in what, 3 games in a row now? 

Yeah I'd go along with this.  Willian as an impact sub when they tire. 

1 hour ago, A Blue Essien said:

He's played his way in and it just wouldn't be right for him to be dropped at this moment.

He has played pretty much this well from Day 1 this season.  
There is of course another reason why he is starting now.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He has played pretty much this well from Day 1 this season.  
There is of course another reason why he is starting now.

Enlighten us oh great one.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Enlighten us oh great one.

There, you've gone and done it now Mark.

Fabragas has kept his head down, he hasn't moaned and bitched about being left out but when he's had his opportunity he has more often than not taken it. This system does mean that he's not a stick on for every game but if we rotate enough to keep him happy and stay for another season, we would benefit greatly.... don't forget we are in CL next season where he will be vital to us (IMO) 

1 person likes this

That Fernando Torres head injury looked awful.  Hope he's ok.  Rushed to hospital. Other players were in tears.

3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

This system does mean that he's not a stick on for every game

As far as I am concern Fabregas on this season's form is a stick on for any system and for any team (Including Barcelona).
He has been just that good.  Kante too.

Conte confirms Hazard has a slight knock

Conte also confirms he is not leaving! 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Conte also confirms he is not leaving! 

Quite dreadful that he even had to acknowledge the notion of leaving. Deary me!