Michael Tucker

West Ham 1 Chelsea 2

226 posts in this topic

On 2 March 2017 at 10:58 PM, Ham said:

That Fernando Torres head injury looked awful.  Hope he's ok.  Rushed to hospital. Other players were in tears.

Yeah that was a real nasty looking incident. Seems he's been released from the hospital now so fingers crossed all is well. 

Not a big fan of monday night games I need a beer or two to calm the nerves before, during and after the game; not good if you're working the next day.We expect a win or a draw don't we?.In my experience funny things happen under floodlights,so of course I will be delighted to get a result,but just as important is the performance.

I can see this being a draw or a loss as West Ham will up there game tenfold, the ref will give us nothing and we are not actually playing that great at the moment. Hopefully I am wrong but I can't see us winning. 

As fir the team, I expect that Matic will return as I cannot see Conte going with Cesc in a game that is going to require a lot of ground to be covered by the CM's. 

Andre Marriner is the ref , except another performance like he's all at sea.

In a host of criminally inept officials he shines out like a magnesium flare in a coal mine as the worst.

54 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I can see this being a draw or a loss as West Ham will up there game tenfold, the ref will give us nothing and we are not actually playing that great at the moment. Hopefully I am wrong but I can't see us winning. 

It is true that WHU have gone from one of the worst teams we played to mid table respectability since the first game of the season.

But if you want proof of what can happen if you don't pick Fabregas, that game was a classic example.  Failure to get 2 goals despite a lot of play, followed by a goal conceded against the run of play and a mad rush to get a second towards the end.

The only excuse not to have started Fabregas long ago, was loyalty, or at least a desire for continuation.  That for me implies Fabregas will start again.

Yeah, the only selection dilemma is Matic vs Fabregas. I would go for the latter based on recent form, but has a feeling Conte wants to bulk up for this one. West Ham a threat on set pieces. Will for sure be a tough game. We are going to need Costa and Hazard on top.

2 hours ago, jones said:

West Ham a threat on set pieces

Again - does Matic man-mark on set pieces?  Or is it Cahill, Luiz, Alonso, Azpi + Costa free to attack the ball too?
I don't think he does.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Again - does Matic man-mark on set pieces?  Or is it Cahill, Luiz, Alonso, Azpi + Costa free to attack the ball too?
I don't think he does.

Does Fabregas ?

I honestly dont think we should see Matic starting a PL game until City. We badly need Cesc for the next few games against mid table teams. Antonio is also missing. I think we should really go for this one. I have seen Arsenal and City go for it against these lot and smash them. They suffer against pace and passes in behind them. If we start Matic we are basically inviting them into the game imo.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is true that WHU have gone from one of the worst teams we played to mid table respectability since the first game of the season.

But if you want proof of what can happen if you don't pick Fabregas, that game was a classic example.  Failure to get 2 goals despite a lot of play, followed by a goal conceded against the run of play and a mad rush to get a second towards the end.

The only excuse not to have started Fabregas long ago, was loyalty, or at least a desire for continuation.  That for me implies Fabregas will start again.

Two ways to look at it.West Ham come flying out of the blocks,they are left exposed at the back,Fabregas picks the perfect pass to our runners going forward and we score; a scenerio for starting Fabregas.West Ham come flying out of the blocks and are all over us,we contain and frustrate them because of our defensive strength.In the second half we bring Fabregas on when they tire,he provides the inch perfect pass from which we score and nick it;a scenerio for Matic starting.

Edited by kev61
Of course that depends if West ham come flying out of the blocks😁