Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

503 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup 6th Round match against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Monday 13th March, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Oh, and by the way - the referee for this match is the totally unbiassed Michael Oliver. I can hear Jose laughing from here.....

Changes or not? I'm undecided. 

I love the FA Cup, but the league is our priority. That said it's good to keep winning - can't play a weak side against United. That said I would make a few changes - I'd rest Luiz, Kantè, Hazard, Tibo and Diego. We have enough quality to win it without them. 

3 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

I love the FA Cup, but the league is our priority. That said it's good to keep winning - can't play a weak side against United. That said I would make a few changes - I'd rest Luiz, Kantè, Hazard, Tibo and Diego. We have enough quality to win it without them. 

When we play United, we'll have had a week since our last fixture, with our next one five days hence. If we can't put out a full strength side in order to go all out for a Double (which is achievable), then we don't deserve to win any trophies! 

5 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

When we play United, we'll have had a week since our last fixture, with our next one five days hence. If we can't put out a full strength side in order to go all out for a Double (which is achievable), then we don't deserve to win any trophies! 

I agree. As for the match itself it has a Jose counter attack (think Liverpool 2014) written all over it. 

Looking forward to it immensly.No real love for the fa cup - but to see Conte shaking hands with Mourhino after we smash them?...

12 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

I'd rest Luiz, Kantè, Hazard, Tibo and Diego. We have enough quality to win it without them. 

Can't say that I agree, Matt. Dropping out those 5 players, is imo, akin to handing the game to United and Mourinho on a plate.

I would honestly go all out for this game. Obviously I would like to see the likes of Michy Ake and Loftus Cheek get some game time but I reckon we are on for a very hard fought game here and I really think the double is a possibility this season.

Yes, need to put a strong team out for this. Jose will rotate his side and we need to take full advantage. Our most important players in Luiz, Kante, Hazard, and Costa need to play.

Having said that, I really think we need to find a place for Ake. We've recalled him despite him being a starter at a PL club so it would be very harsh if he just sat on the bench (not even that sometimes) for the rest of the season. Maybe play him at LWB?

Apart from Ake, and maybe Begovic for Courtois, I don't think I'd make too many other changes.