Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

522 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Personally I won't believe those players are missing until the lineups are out, knowing how Mourinho is.

I can't help but also have that feeling nagging at me in the back of my mind.

All this violin playing about how they have it bad fitting in Europe, no recognisable striker, Rooney out, Martial and Rashford with illness.  It could all be groundwork for if they do lose out just to say "yeh, but we played a weakened team."  But I also wonder if come 18:45 they'll come out with only joking, all three have recovered.

If they really don't play than it has to be down to our old friend Mata surely?  I think Jose might go back to 4-3-3 with (L-R) Blind, Smalling, Bailly, Valencia... Herrara, Pogba, Fellaini... Lingard, Mata, Mkhitaryan.

27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not how it works though. Resting Hazard, Kante and Costa tonight and losing the tie doesn't mean we win on Saturday, does it? We could lose tonight and not win at the weekend. 

With 5 days between games, and a week since we last played, there is no real reason not to go all out for this. 

I'm not saying it does....I was just saying that's what I'd accept. Hope that's ok! 🙄

7 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

I'm not saying it does....I was just saying that's what I'd accept. Hope that's ok! 🙄

I'd accept losing tonight if we won the CL for the next 3 years on the spin. 

2 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

Haaaa! I see the ref is being investigated - I thought it was a fix.

Investigated by whom Matt?

48 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not how it works though. Resting Hazard, Kante and Costa tonight and losing the tie doesn't mean we win on Saturday, does it? We could lose tonight and not win at the weekend. 

With 5 days between games, and a week since we last played, there is no real reason not to go all out for this. 

Yep, agreed for sure.

2 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

Whoever wrote that BBC blurb that MT quoted above needs shooting: 'full-blooded' is one thing, but 'full-bloodied' is just plain wrong.

The Pedant of CFCnet.

I thought that, too. You expect the Daily Fail to make such mistakes, given they sacked many of their subs (who proof read articles prior to publication) a while back... but the BBC??? Oh dear!

16 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Well, there's a surprise... NOT!

Indeed. And he starts (just in case that there was any doubt......:))

Posted (edited)

Chelsea team tonight: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard.

Matic+Willian for Pedro+Fab

Chelsea subs v Man Utd: Begovic, Terry, Zouma, Chalobah, Fabregas, Pedro, Batshuayi

Man Utd team: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling (c), Rojo, Darmian, Herrera, Pogba, Young, Mkhitaryan, Rashford.

Man Utd subs: Romero, Bailly, Blind, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata.

lol I thought the uefa game was a rehersal for this with 3 at the back, I hope their new formation screws them, the 4-0 drubbing clearly effected him, they've gone 3 at the back, 2 FB and Young in there as well. Hopefully his defensive mindset plays into our hands, we really should be able to deal with a front 3 of Young,Mkh and Rashford

Edited by ripz