Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

521 posts in this topic

I agree strong side for this one or risk getting stung. I actually thing them having Ibrahimovic out is an advantage for them makes them less predictable. They will be quicker and more mobile without him, we need our canny experienced players out there.

Well, if we win with a full strength side and don't pick up any knocks I'm happy. I'd take a defeat for a win at Stoke, though. 

Full strength team for me, but I imagine Bego will play.

We haven't had CL football, we haven't played since Monday, and we don't play again until Monday. It's Man United. At home. FA Cup. No doubt about it I hope we win this one!!

Delighted Ibra is banned as well!

As I think of it possibly Willian for Pedro? But still a full strength side nonetheless. I would pick Courtois personally as Bego always looks like he's potentially going to throw one in. And Conte clearly can't stand Bats so I'm not even going to contemplate the idea of him potentially getting a start.

1 minute ago, Sir said:

Delighted Ibra is banned as well!

Trouble with bans is that the teams that gains is rarely the team that suffered - It was a Bournemouth player that got Ibra's elbow in his face and it wasn't even an FA cup match.

This time around though there seems some justice in it.

I too would swap a defeat here for a win at Stoke.

Starts for Begovic, Ake, Zouma, Chalobah and RLC please. We can still win with those 5 in the team.

7 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I too would swap a defeat here for a win at Stoke.

Starts for Begovic, Ake, Zouma, Chalobah and RLC please. We can still win with those 5 in the team.

bearing in mind RLC didn't make the team for Wolves away, I can't see him playing

Fully expect Bego and Zouma to start. Aside from that, I have no clue at what rotating (if any) is done. 

It does seem to have worked out nicely with Zlatan finally getting punished for something he's been doing all season. As much as it's typical Jose to be making up excuses it is definitely an advantage that they are currently on a Sunday league pitch in Russia and we are at Cobham plotting moves to exploit their weaknesses. 

Add in the fact it's at the Bridge and no replays we should really be playing a near full strength side and coming flying out the blocks. I've seen strikers such as Kane, Lukaku and Sanchez really struggle against our 3 man defence and I can't see Rashford or Rooney doing any better. Playing alone up front is hard enough against 2 centre backs but imagine coming up against us with the pace of Azpi and Luiz combined with the Strength and Aerial ability of Cahill and Luiz. 

The only potential changes I wouldn't mind are Ake for Alonso and Willian for Pedro. Other than that let's go full strength and make sure we win this.

Edited by samhoward17
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Is it no replays?

yes. 

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Is it no replays?

Yes, no replays, and without Ibrahimovic, could make this an interesting one in terms of what tactics each coach is going to apply.

The EFL cup has before been called a Mickey Mouse cup by many, for example in 2015.  But now it means something to those same people, proud as punch, as they are about the community shield, which nobody cared about previously either.  So we have to stop them, spoil their party.  For me FA CUP > EFL Cup, so taking both FA Cup and the league would be a job very well done for a club with no European opportunities this season (not that any other club has got anything in Europe the last decade).

And I believe we have the team to go all the way in both the FA Cup and the league, particularly with a 10 point lead.  So I would put out a full strength team on Monday.  Besides there is no guarantee of three points away with the Potters anyway.

If Ibra had played I'd have been tempted to play Luiz deeper, and work with Kante and Matic to disrupt their attacks, using Alonso and Moses to take the ball to the front three.  Without Ibra I'm certain Jose would've played defensive and waited for a mistake, or took it to a draw for a replay, which we couldn't have afforded to let happen.  As it is with no replay, I still think Man Utd will be opportunistic but they can't afford to be ultra defensive.  I'd like to think all this works in our favour as long as our head is in the game, the star man is out and their defence will surely be exposed.