Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

521 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Agree, I would never join in singing "F&ck off, Mourinho". Ridiculous.

I gladly joined in with "sit down Mourinho" as he's been a complete knob this season but that doesn't erase the fact he's a Chelsea legend.

^ makes us sound like moronic scousers. I thought we had more about us than that. Apparently not.

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I am delighted we got spurs in the semi final.They are the only team that outplayed us since Conte's formation clicked.It will be interesting to see Conte's response to their fluency in midfield and Harry Kane.Sort the first part out and you sort Harry Kane out IMO.

I beg to differ. They beat us once and we beat once, so I don't get how they outplayed us. And yes, we will destroy them in the FA Cup. You heard it here first.

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Shame to see some Chelsea fans making a fool out of themselves.

How they can muster to shout abuse at Mourinho is beyond me. Utter, utter bellends.

He brought it on himself with his incessant digs at Chelsea. Do you think true Chelsea fans will take it lying down? Get real dude. There's so much people will put up with before they push back.

Just as goodwill is earned by conduct it can be lost by conduct. Jose is working overtime to erode whatever goodwill has left at Chelsea. 

The ball is really in his court. 

1 person likes this

Total and utter annihilation and certainly NOT all due to 11 vs 10. I thought Utd were absolutely abysmal and I thought we stuck to our task extremely professionally. Everyone worked hard for the whole game. We limited them to 1 opportunity in 90 minutes and that was a straight up mistake, rather than a break down of the system. Personally, I would be very reluctant to criticise Costa based on a frustrating couple of misses. Its way more important that his movement gets him in the places to make the chances in the 1st place - I thought he did well tonight. Kante is just ridiculous, game after game. Great effort all round. Now lets get focussed on Stoke.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Conference Call: Quality and character

NEWSMON 13 MAR 2017

It was a brilliant night for Chelsea as we booked an FA Cup semi-final date with Tottenham at Wembley as well as setting a new club record of 13 consecutive home victories.

Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United were beaten at Stamford Bridge for the second time this season, with N’Golo Kante scoring the only goal of the game – his second of the campaign – six minutes into the second half.

The game turned midway through the first half when Ander Herrera was sent off for the visitors after picking up his second yellow card following a foul on Eden Hazard, and from that moment on it was a case of whether or not United could hold firm.

Their resistance was broken in the 51st minute when Kante picked the ball up 30 yards out and drilled a low drive beyond David De Gea, who had made two brilliant saves in the first half.

There were chances to extend our advantage but one goal proved to be enough, leaving Antonio Conte extremely content.

‘We must be pleased because to arrive in the semi-finals and play at Wembley gives us great satisfaction, above all for the work we’ve been doing this season,’ said the Italian. ‘To play Man United is not easy, they have one of the best squads in the league and they showed that tonight.'

Conte was asked for his thoughts on Herrera’s sending off

‘My point of view is that we want to play football and for the first 25 minutes it was impossible for Hazard to play because he got a lot of kicks. I’m not crazy and it’s not only me who saw it.

‘He started [the game] receiving kicks and finished it receiving kicks, nobody can say that didn’t happen. A tactic doesn’t exist when you go to kick an opponent, it’s not football.

‘Sometimes when you play against players with great talent you try to intimidate them and the ref must protect these type of players.’

Conte praised Hazard for the strength of character he showed

‘He showed great character, strong character. After the first 25 minutes every player came short to receive the ball because they had fear of receiving a kick from behind. Eden showed great character, I know this. Some people may be surprised but I’m learning to know him very well this season and he’s shown me this.’

The Blues will now face Tottenham in the last four, a repeat of the 2012 semi-final

‘It’s another tough game against a strong team. It’s one win for us and one win for them [so far this season], for sure it will be an exciting game for the people and our fans. In this phase, Tottenham, Arsenal or Man City, the level is very high. We have to accept this. They’ve shown they are able to beat us but we’ve shown we are able to beat them, now we’ll see what the result is in the semi-final.

‘Now we have to rest tomorrow and think about the league. Stoke are playing very well, they are a strong team.’

Well put , lets not ignore this big fact, Man united recruited the best football players in the world , and we made them suffer. Yes they played with one player less, put that's football, and I was glad that the ref went this way, otherwise we would have lost some of our best players to injuries.

Spurs is the team that made it by drawing during extra time, getting penalties , and scoring by the help of ghosts reflecting the ball to the net. And I have no respect to such luck winners. I can see us lifting the cup in 2 steps.

6 minutes ago, Galol said:

He brought it on himself with his incessant digs at Chelsea. Do you think true Chelsea fans will take it lying down? Get real dude. There's so much people will put up with before they push back.

Just as goodwill is earned by conduct it can be lost by conduct. Jose is working overtime to erode whatever goodwill has left at Chelsea. 

The ball is really in his court. 

I think your hearing what you want to hear. I heard some Chelsea fans telling him to f.uck off , so what what have you heard that deserved that?

Here's one quote I just heard from Mourinho: "When another Chelsea coach wins four titles I will be number two. Right now I'm still number one".  I suppose quote that infuriates you too?

I'd rather save my venom for tits like AVB or Fatty when they return rather than for our most successful ever manager... but each to his own.

I agree to tell Mourinho to "F&ck off" is beyond the pale. He has been out of order towards us this season, unprovoked, however it's ludicrous for our number to do it.

There were a sizeable number in MHL singing that in March 2010 when we lost to Inter too so it's sadly nothing new.

8 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think your hearing what you want to hear. I heard some Chelsea fans telling him to f.uck off , so what what have you heard that deserved that?

Here's one quote I just heard from Mourinho: "When another Chelsea coach wins four titles I will be number two. Right now I'm still number one".  I suppose quote that infuriates you too?

I'd rather save my venom for tits like AVB or Fatty when they return rather than for our most successful ever manager... but each to his own.

Well, some of us hear things while others close their ears to what's loud and clear. Just about everything Mourinho had done and said about Chelsea since leaving us precipitated the regrettable reaction of some fans (FYI, I don't support the use of foul language in sports arenas). 

First, he hurls at us the Ultimate Insult by joining one of our chief title rivals - Man United. Besides, City, United is our main title rival. So, by joining United he has made himself an instant enemy of Chelsea fans. And he knew that full well.

Then, he starts taking digs at our accomplishment this season. When he's not pejoratively calling us "defensive team," he's trivializing the hard work and accomplishment of Conte and players by chalking up our success to us not being in Europe. As if he has a crystal ball and can see how we'd perform if we were in Europe. 

And now he ups the ante with this red herring about winning us 3 trophies. It's OK for Jose to petulantly react to the goading of some fans but the fans are to remain silent? Notice how he's arrogating himself all the credit for the trophies we won while he managed us? So, no credit goes to the Club staff, to Roman for investing hundreds of millions allowing us to acquire world class facilities and players, to the credit for players... it was all about Jose. But when it comes to our failures as in our abject performance last season under Jose assigns some of the blame to the players. 

No class.

No grace.

Just a crass and sour loser.

3 minutes ago, Galol said:

Well, some of us hear things while others close their ears to what's loud and clear. Just about everything Mourinho had done and said about Chelsea since leaving us precipitated the regrettable reaction of some fans (FYI, I don't support the use of foul language in sports arenas). 

First, he hurls at us the Ultimate Insult by joining one of our chief title rivals - Man United. Besides, City, United is our main title rival. So, by joining United he has made himself an instant enemy of Chelsea fans. And he knew that full well.

Then, he starts taking digs at our accomplishment this season. When he's not pejoratively calling us "defensive team," he's trivializing the hard work and accomplishment of Conte and players by chalking up our success to us not being in Europe. As if he has a crystal ball and can see how we'd perform if we were in Europe. 

And now he ups the ante with this red herring about winning us 3 trophies. It's OK for Jose to petulantly react to the goading of some fans but the fans are to remain silent? Notice how he's arrogating himself all the credit for the trophies we won while he managed us? So, no credit goes to the Club staff, to Roman for investing hundreds of millions allowing us to acquire world class facilities and players, to the credit for players... it was all about Jose. But when it comes to our failures as in our abject performance last season under Jose assigns some of the blame to the players. 

No class.

No grace.

Just a crass and sour loser.

So we sack him TWICE and you think it is the "ultimate insult" to join United. Should he quit the United job right now and apply for the Derby job? Would that make you feel any better? That is just about the most stupid thing I've ever read on this forum. 

No doubt Lampard insulted you when he went to City? Or Cech when he went to Arsenal? Perhaps your saving some of your venom for Terry if he moves to another Prem team at the end of the season?  If he's hurt your little feelings with his defensive football jibe (aimed at the press) I'm sure you'll get over.... actually maybe you wont. 

11 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

So we sack him TWICE and you think it is the "ultimate insult" to join United. Should he quit the United job right now and apply for the Derby job? Would that make you feel any better? That is just about the most stupid thing I've ever read on this forum. 

No doubt Lampard insulted you when he went to City? Or Cech when he went to Arsenal? Perhaps your saving some of your venom for Terry if he moves to another Prem team at the end of the season?  If he's hurt your little feelings with his defensive football jibe (aimed at the press) I'm sure you'll get over.... actually maybe you wont. 

If you don't get it nobly,you don't get why he was sacked twice