Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

522 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

And I believe we have the team to go all the way in both the FA Cup and the league, particularly with a 10 point lead.  So I would put out a full strength team on Monday.  Besides there is no guarantee of three points away with the Potters anyway.

Well if we are not going to give the FA Cup a serious go when we are 10 points clear and have no European football, then we never will. 

This will be a near full strength team. Don't think Chalobah or Ake will start. Zouma and Bego will come in, whilst I expect Willian to start, possibly Matic too. 

5 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Starts for Begovic, Ake, Zouma, Chalobah and RLC please. We can still win with those 5 in the team.

I seriously doubt that we can - let's not dismiss United, or Mourinho, out of hand (as some here seem to be doing). Personally, I just can't see Conte making that sort of mistake - he'll go with his best team (as indeed, he should).

Just seen United scrape a 1-1 draw against the mighty mighty Rostov.

I think we can play the kids and whoever's still got boots in the club shop.

Mind you BT are behaving as if they'd just put ten past Barca .

We're 10 points clear in the league, leaving players out here would be ridiculous.

Full strength & 100% out to beat them. If we lose make it because they've played an absolute blinder. No excuses.

We can DO this.

On 3/8/2017 at 8:29 AM, chelsea_matt said:

I love the FA Cup, but the league is our priority. That said it's good to keep winning - can't play a weak side against United. That said I would make a few changes - I'd rest Luiz, Kantè, Hazard, Tibo and Diego. We have enough quality to win it without them. 

Why do we need to rest anyone? We are playing one game a week.

20 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

Yes, need to put a strong team out for this. Jose will rotate his side and we need to take full advantage. Our most important players in Luiz, Kante, Hazard, and Costa need to play.

Having said that, I really think we need to find a place for Ake. We've recalled him despite him being a starter at a PL club so it would be very harsh if he just sat on the bench (not even that sometimes) for the rest of the season. Maybe play him at LWB?

Apart from Ake, and maybe Begovic for Courtois, I don't think I'd make too many other changes.  

No thank you. Courtois has to start this game.

In the previous rounds Conte carefully chose a team that could win the game. For this game he will do the same. So he will put out his usual first team line up. The big questions are Matic or Fabregas in a 3-4-3, or play both and sacrifice Pedro with a 3-5-2.

17 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

Well, if we win with a full strength side and don't pick up any knocks I'm happy. I'd take a defeat for a win at Stoke, though. 

I'll take a win, and a win at Stoke.

Matt you need to predict 1-1.

1 person likes this

Full strength team, it's not like we've played a lot of games now is it?! 

Great chance at doing the double. 

Jose's team selection last night tells me that he's going to take this fixture very seriously. I think that's primarily because it's us, but also that he considers every attainable trophy important.

Last night he rested De Gea, Bailly, Valencia, Carrick, Mata, Martial, Lingard,  Rooney, and Rashford. The majority of those 9 will likely start on Monday so it's not exactly a weakened or exhausted team we'll be up against. We should expect a very difficult game against a close to full strength team. 

38 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Jose's team selection last night tells me that he's going to take this fixture very seriously. I think that's primarily because it's us, but also that he considers every attainable trophy important.

Last night he rested De Gea, Bailly, Valencia, Carrick, Mata, Martial, Lingard,  Rooney, and Rashford. The majority of those 9 will likely start on Monday so it's not exactly a weakened or exhausted team we'll be up against. We should expect a very difficult game against a close to full strength team. 

Apparently they played three at the back too.