Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

522 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Jose's team selection last night tells me that he's going to take this fixture very seriously. I think that's primarily because it's us, but also that he considers every attainable trophy important.

Last night he rested De Gea, Bailly, Valencia, Carrick, Mata, Martial, Lingard,  Rooney, and Rashford. The majority of those 9 will likely start on Monday so it's not exactly a weakened or exhausted team we'll be up against. We should expect a very difficult game against a close to full strength team. 

Totally agree and despite what happened last season Mourinho is still a top coach who will want to get one over on Conte. Even in the four nil they had several good chances and looked dangerous throughout. We won that game through being clinical and they made a few mistakes as well. We are winning the league through treating every game as equally as the next. If we make too many changes we stand a good chance of going out.

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently they played three at the back too.

And they came unstuck against a team I have never heard of. It is interesting this. Quite a few have tried 3 at the back against us now, most have struggled (except Tottenham). Hopefully, the fact that they wont be anywhere near as drilled in the formation as we are, will be decisive.

Just now, McCreadie said:

And they came unstuck against a team I have never heard of. It is interesting this. Quite a few have tried 3 at the back against us now, most have struggled (except Tottenham). Hopefully, the fact that they wont be anywhere near as drilled in the formation as we are, will be decisive.

It's also funny how many teams have seen us do it and then copied it, rather than it being their own idea / solution

We have a manager who is schooled in this formation and is using it because he knows how to, not because he is copying someone else's ideas 

I'd take a win in a FA cup quarter final agaisnt them, especially with him now there, above a league win at Stoke when we are ten points clear all day every day. Not even up for debate in my opinion.

I love the FA cup and have loved the time's I have been to Wembley to watch us win it.

So do I, Martin, but I'm naturally cautious about saying this sort of thing out loud. Kev Keegan did, and look what happened ... 

Anyone seen the dig on TOCWS at Man utd?

"United's unbeaten run in the league has seen them rise from 6th to 6th."

27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Anyone seen the dig on TOCWS at Man utd?

"United's unbeaten run in the league has seen them rise from 6th to 6th."

Yes . Good wasn't it ?

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes . Good wasn't it ?

Pleasant.