Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

521 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2017 at 0:37 PM, Droy was my hero said:

oh really?  I think you forget about elbows which are the real danger in football.

Such a silly statement. As if to say stamps and two footed tackles are not dangerous, only elbows.

All three are in the dangerous category.

It is ridiculous that Rojo does not get at least 3 games for his Hazard stamp. The FA panel should not be able to hide behind the ref report. The ref missed it, the panel needs to deal with it.

Edited by Faramir

16 hours ago, Bison said:

Sure, Mourinho has made the point about his teams being treated differently by the media. But to suggest that he hasn't taken shots at our team's style of play is false.

Before the sending off we had taken control of the game, were dominating possession and were denied by two outrageous saves from De Gea. In fact, they were only in the game for as long as the referee let them foul.

After the 4-0 earlier in the season, he suggested we scored our goals on the counter. Truth is, 3 of the 4 goals were a result of sustained possession and the 4th from a corner.

Mourinho wants this Chelsea team to be seen in a certain light and criticised accordingly. He is trying to make the ' just a defensive, counter-attacking team' narrative stick but nobody is biting and he's frustrated.

I agree with all of this.

I will always be appreciative of what Mourinho achieved with Chelsea. Those first two years at the club especially were an awesome time, and turning point in our history.

But he has an ego which causes controversy most of the time. And his perspective on our current team is flawed.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

^ To be fair, is he wrong?

Yes. He is wrong.

Another perspective from Roy Keane regarding Mourinho that made me chuckle:

But Keane told ITV Sport: "I've never heard so much rubbish in my life. Why do we have to listen to that garbage?

"It's just utter nonsense what he's talking about. He's manager of Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs on the planet. The squad he's got... and he keeps moaning about fixtures and fatigue.

"We were just looking at some of the cup draws they've had. They've had an easy ride in the cups; some good draws and a lot of home draws. The guy's talking absolute nonsense. I've never heard so much rubbish in my life.

"Maybe the club's too big for him. He can't deal with all these demands at the match. What matches? Man United reserves could have won that game tonight. I'm sick to death of him."

Mourinho always used to go on about the schedule when he was with us. I think he really does believe that everyone is out to get him.

Edited by Faramir

50 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Such a silly statement. As if to say stamps and two footed tackles are not dangerous, only elbows.

It is ridiculous that Rojo does not get at least 3 games for his Hazard stamp. The FA panel should not be able to hide behind the ref report. The ref missed it, the panel needs to deal with it.

Absolutely! A complete fudge.

54 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Nobody has said that two footed tackles aren't dangerous - they are.  I have said that stamps rarely cause any serious injury.  This was to contradict a statement that Man U were out to take Hazard out of not just the game but the rest of the season.  But please find an example of a stamp in the Prem that caused a player to be taken off or miss the next game.

Sure Rojo should have been suspended.  I agree.

On 16/03/2017 at 2:20 AM, kev61 said:

I ask a question Nobly..Do you really think Mourhino had our interests at heart when he managed us at all stages in his time with us?.I dislike the man with a passion,He never blames himself,media,players,referees are to blame but not him; can you not see it?

You are blinded by his success,now watch his demise at utd

The answer to your question is yes I do, at least as much any other successful manager we have had past and present or any other manager in the league for that matter.. Which Chelsea manager would you pick out that only had the teams interest at heart and no interest for himself and what would be your reason for that assumption?

Why do you incessantly ask me why I "can't see it?" If you're asking me if I can't see your point of view on Mourinho 'the man' the answer is I rarely can because you put your point so badly and just keep repeating yourself..  so lets leave it there.

We are actually talking about a section of the crowd telling him to feck off. You clearly think it's appropriate and I don't. But let's not focus on me or you for the minute. Ray Wilkins (you know ...Chelsea ex captain and general blue blooded Chelsea fan)  just said in the media that those Chelsea fans let themselves down and showed a lack of class. Now feel free to put the boot into Ray.... seeing as he left Chelsea to join United at the peak of his career, I'm surprised you haven't told him to feck off already (or show understanding for any fans that choose to).  Who knows maybe you already have...nothing surprises me much anymore. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

11 hours ago, kev61 said:

We ARE a counter attacking team but we are not defensive, as Conte said look at our stats.I would describe our sty!e of play like Bayern Munich,we are disciplined and patient with a few flair players that can destroy the opposition.

I feel you're getting your knickers all twisted up here mate. 

Let me get this straight. When Jose plays a solid game and focuses on counter-attacks he's defensive. When Conte does the same he's attacking? I think this ludicrous word twisting is exactly the point Jose tried to highlight with his comments to the media. Droy gets it. I get it. I'm sure others are too. But others are certainly not getting it. 

I have said on many occasions that there's one rule for Jose and another rule for everyone else. That hasn't changed at all. Apparently Conte gives youth a chance while Jose ruined their careers. Looking at facts the opposite would be a far more accurate statement yet it's just accepted as some sort of truth. Style is another. It's so tedious and when one tries to highlight the inconsistencies you're given the whole Bob Singleton trademark of being a cult member. 

Nonsensical is just the beginning... 

11 hours ago, kev61 said:

Sorry no,Jose does not make sense in most things he says,he is clingiing on to the life raft that is his past success

Thanks for that arbitrary statement with absolutely no connection to what I actually said. 

Well done for being utterly irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

I disagree with this. One of the most impressive things about Conte is the work being done on the training ground. Some of the build up play is clearly orchestrated and rehearsed and doesn't particularly rely on Hazard:

1) The ball out wide to Moses who receives it with his back to the rushing defender. He hooks it around the corner first time with his left foot to Costa who's come short. Costa then either shields the ball and lays it off to a CM, or plays it around the corner himself to Pedro/Willian making a run in behind. We use this 2-4 times a game at least.

2) The quick vertical pass from one of the CM's or CB's into the wingers feet who comes a little short, between the lines, and either quickly turns or lays it off to the overlapping FB. Hazard around the corner to Alonso and Pedro/Willian around the corner to Moses immediately opens up space.

3) The constant 3 man triangles on either wing that overloads the defense of the opposition. Moses, Kante, and Pedro/Willian on one side (with Hazard often joining in to create an even greater overload) and Alonso, Matic, and Hazard on the other side. You rarely see us build play without the overloading triangles on the flanks.

4) The direct ball from Luiz or Cesc to forward runners. Love it that we can mix it up and just go direct, often straight from the kick off! With the passing ability of Luiz/Cesc, this is also a very potent option.

Those are just a few examples of our attacking play and goes to show just how organized we are. Lots of variety, but clearly a result of hours and hours on the training ground.  

Well ok. The question that's relevant to answer is "didn't we have any combination play when Jose was here?"

We are reliant on Hazard. To claim otherwise is to deny the reality. We were reliant on Hazard when Jose was here. To deny that is equally ludicrous. 

We had some amazing combo play between Fabregas, Willian, Schurrle, Hazard, Costa etc during Jose's second time here. So not sure what point you're trying to make? Yes - we have combo play now. So what, doesn't all teams have that to a certain degree?