• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

On Matic - look at the match threads or a rival forum.  Most people don't rate him.  I may be at the extreme end of the range, but the big majority have gone from strongly on his side to moderately against.  And it is not just because he is keeping Fabregas out of the team.  On Matic it is not me that says I am right.  It is the majority.

Well just as well the only person who matters in this equation - Conte - clearly does rate him then.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Well just as well the only person who matters in this equation - Conte - clearly does rate him then.

Just as well?  Are you the last man still claiming that Matic should start ahead of Fabregas?

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just as well?  Are you the last man still claiming that Matic should start ahead of Fabregas?

Surely the idea is to utilise your squad depth and qualities on a per game basis?

Some of us who haven't written players off before they'd put on a blue shirt probably see strengths and weaknesses of both players.

Matic apparently is about to sign an extension to his contract until 2021 , that's about five Christmases too late.

Mind you , you don't understand what Moses and Alonso bring to the side either.

I expect "all those other forums" don't either.

Sea foot   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I know that that post wasn't directed at me but.....

I have never said Matic should start ahead of Fabregas. I have only argued that Matic is a lot better than you give him credit for. If he gets picked ahead of Fabregas, I'll be happy, if it's reversed I'll be happy. I'm not going to get on Matic's case because he's not Fabregas and I'm not gonna have a go the other way around. 

As for listening to the knee jerk reactions in the MDF to gauge public opinion, come on, most of the views are reversed by about an hour after the game. And as for other forums, couldn't say. I like this one, it has all types of views which I like to hear, even yours Droy. 🙂 It's just that when a fair portion of your 20,000+ posts ( where do you get the time, plus numerous other forums now we understand) are repeats after repeats on the same few subjects with no further insight, patience is hard to come by and it does come across as "look at me look at me". Now I could be wrong, and if I am I apologise, but I don't think I am.

I don't dislike you (internet you obviously😊) or your views, everyone is entitled to their own, it's just the repetition mate.

Still friends?

3 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Still friends?

Sure - but the thing is I doubt if have made more than a dozen posts criticising Matic since start January season.  Nor indeed have there been more than 20 posts criticising those posts.  But there have been several hundred posts criticising things I said in 2014, and about a thousand criticising things I have never said (or just criticising me without explanation).

Perhaps I'm supposed to be more sensitive and crawl away into a hole (as many many people on here do).

Faramir   
3 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Dave, I personally don't think we are a counter attacking team. We are very good at counter attacking. We are also very good at defending but that doesn't mean we are a defensive team either. I feel that we are becoming a well rounded team much like the earlier Mourinho teams. 

Droy, you can't help but have a go at Zaffo can you. He obviously likes the way Conte gets his teams to play and you don't. You don't see any value in Matic whereas others do. Why is it that you are right and others are wrong. We all see things differently, some players play the way we want to see them play, others don't. Some are easy on the eye and some are not but you can't have 11 pretty players on the field unless you want to support l'arse. 

My own opinion is that Conte is doing a wonderful job at the moment and that Mourinho did a wonderful job for us in the past. I understand Droy's and Dave's stance in the Mourinho debate. I also understand Blue Rod, Robbo and Kev's stance. I agree with a lot of what you all say and also disagree with a lot what you all say. I reckon most people see it like that. Like most things in life, it is neither black or white but a bit of both. 

I know I shouldn't get involved but I log on and read this site about 10 times a day and just get fed up with the same ol' same ol'. We are gonna win the league and have a good chance of the double, if that isn't enough for some then that is their loss. 

Sorry about that. Rant over. 

Excellent post Seafoot. Thanks!

StebzAno   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

On Matic - look at the match threads or a rival forum.

Ooo that's two on my bingo card... Matic v Fabregas and "go look on the rival forum"... how are you doing Ham?

Faramir   

The thing I find annoying with Droy and Dave at the present time is that they seem to be annoyed at Conte for bringing us winning football. I don't get why people can't be happy with what Mourinho did for us in the past and also appreciate what Conte is giving us now.

I understand with Mourinho's ego why Conte's success annoys him. But any Chelsea supporter has to be happy with our current situation. But apparently not.

Faramir   

Dave it doesn't matter how many times you say it, we are much more than a counter-attacking team.

The fact that we do it better than everybody else should be a cause to celebrate, not an opportunity to deride.