Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

493 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Ooo that's two on my bingo card... Matic v Fabregas and "go look on the rival forum"... how are you doing Ham?

That's hilarious. Thanks for the chuckle.

34 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Ooo that's two on my bingo card... Matic v Fabregas and "go look on the rival forum"... how are you doing Ham?

Got those too.  I'm just waiting on "Turning circle of a tanker" for a full house but I'm confident of getting that by about 6:30pm in the match thread.  

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He likes the way Conte gets his teams to play, and the ways he doesn't get them to play.  He has put up  excellent descriptions in the past of how Juve and Chelsea play defensively, and has now moved on to a completely unrealistic version of the same teams.
Moreover - Conte says somewhere that we don't practice counter-attack.  Zaffo has taken it as true.  But does anyone else on the site think we do no practice counter-attack.  Of course we do.

(Imagine if JM said his team doesn't practice counter-attack ....)
BTW - I've always supported defensive football when needed - still do.  Especially in cup games and against rivals.

On Matic - look at the match threads or a rival forum.  Most people don't rate him.  I may be at the extreme end of the range, but the big majority have gone from strongly on his side to moderately against.  And it is not just because he is keeping Fabregas out of the team.  On Matic it is not me that says I am right.  It is the majority.

On Matic... You may not rate him, some "know all" fans may not rate him, yet managers still pick him! I wonder why? Furthermore, being in the majority does NOT mean you are right... it just means that there are more stupid people than sensible people!

12 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

On Matic... You may not rate him, some "know all" fans may not rate him, yet managers still pick him! I wonder why? Furthermore, being in the majority does NOT mean you are right... it just means that there are more stupid people than sensible people!

Cheryl Cole has had hit records and couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just as well?  Are you the last man still claiming that Matic should start ahead of Fabregas?

Last man apart from Conte himself? I'm quite happy to take that role thanks.

Conte proved right yet again today - got it absolutely spot-on:

start with Matic, fight them all the way, bring Fabregas on, Fabregas does the business against a tired opposition.

Do you not watch our games or just choose to ignore what happens in them?

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Cheryl Cole has had hit records and couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

Yes Mark, but would you pick her in your starting eleven?

:)

21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Didn't you put up a long clip on Conte's Juve tactics.  All about being defensive with extremely well rehearsed counter-attacks.
It was very interest and very insightful into Conte's tactics with Chelsea.  The only thing it failed to predict was the sudden conversion to defending the whole of our half instead of the box.

Of course we play defensive football with counter-attack. 

You are not wrong. 

20 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Dave, I personally don't think we are a counter attacking team. We are very good at counter attacking. We are also very good at defending but that doesn't mean we are a defensive team either. I feel that we are becoming a well rounded team much like the earlier Mourinho teams. 

Droy, you can't help but have a go at Zaffo can you. He obviously likes the way Conte gets his teams to play and you don't. You don't see any value in Matic whereas others do. Why is it that you are right and others are wrong. We all see things differently, some players play the way we want to see them play, others don't. Some are easy on the eye and some are not but you can't have 11 pretty players on the field unless you want to support l'arse. 

My own opinion is that Conte is doing a wonderful job at the moment and that Mourinho did a wonderful job for us in the past. I understand Droy's and Dave's stance in the Mourinho debate. I also understand Blue Rod, Robbo and Kev's stance. I agree with a lot of what you all say and also disagree with a lot what you all say. I reckon most people see it like that. Like most things in life, it is neither black or white but a bit of both. 

I know I shouldn't get involved but I log on and read this site about 10 times a day and just get fed up with the same ol' same ol'. We are gonna win the league and have a good chance of the double, if that isn't enough for some then that is their loss. 

Sorry about that. Rant over. 

Why are people thinking this has got to do with me loving Jose/hating Conte? Like you say, it's not black or white. I love Jose and I also love Conte. Seriously, I'm a massive Conte fan. Don't have a bad word to say about the man at all. And if I think we are a defensive counter-attacking side it doesn't reflect on what I think of him or us as a team. I don't mind being a counter-attacking side one bit. I'm pragmatic and support any strategy that will win us titles. 

It's the history re-writing I'm opposed to and the obvious double standards. Zaffo has a real knack for that. Among many others I may add. 

17 hours ago, Faramir said:

The thing I find annoying with Droy and Dave at the present time is that they seem to be annoyed at Conte for bringing us winning football. I don't get why people can't be happy with what Mourinho did for us in the past and also appreciate what Conte is giving us now.

I understand with Mourinho's ego why Conte's success annoys him. But any Chelsea supporter has to be happy with our current situation. But apparently not.

Utterly ridiculous faramir. I'm not sure how many times I have to say I'm a Conte fan in order for the slower kids in class to get it. 

The discussion has become less of what it actually is and more of an imaginary stand-point. If you claim we are what we really are you apparently hate Conte and do everything to protect Jose's legacy. If you do support Conte you seemingly have to hate Jose and critisice everything the press wants you to believe he has said. 

How predictably boring this is.