Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

522 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Can I be the first to state how much I despise the international break. And its only Sunday night.

7 wins and 3 defeats needed.

Fixed

^ Thanks for fixing that, it's been troubling me all night, but I couldn't think of a way of writing anything without risking appearing rude!

23 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

You should give up, you just don't get it or what I'm saying at all. 

I have never claimed we are a counter-attacking side to deride. Are you actually able to read? 

Thanks for the clarification Dave. Because it was unclear in some of your posts which I was "actually able to read".

23 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Utterly ridiculous faramir. I'm not sure how many times I have to say I'm a Conte fan in order for the slower kids in class to get it. 

The discussion has become less of what it actually is and more of an imaginary stand-point. If you claim we are what we really are you apparently hate Conte and do everything to protect Jose's legacy. If you do support Conte you seemingly have to hate Jose and critisice everything the press wants you to believe he has said. 

How predictably boring this is. 

I don't pretend to read all your posts on the forum, but you certainly were not clear enough in your support of Conte in this thread.

Thanks for clarifying.

3 hours ago, Faramir said:

Thanks for the clarification Dave. Because it was unclear in some of your posts which I was "actually able to read".

That's funny, you can't have read them very carefully in that case.

What I have said repeatedly was that I don't think what JM said was incorrect. The reason I did that was because there were a number of sensitive souls who cried a little over those comments and thought Mourinho was badmouthing us in the press.

Playing a defensive and counter-attacking style is no problem for me. But let's not try to make out were some sort of Bayern Munich (which one poster tried to claim). We're nothing like them. 

On 3/20/2017 at 6:42 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

That's funny, you can't have read them very carefully in that case.

What I have said repeatedly was that I don't think what JM said was incorrect. The reason I did that was because there were a number of sensitive souls who cried a little over those comments and thought Mourinho was badmouthing us in the press.

Playing a defensive and counter-attacking style is no problem for me. But let's not try to make out were some sort of Bayern Munich (which one poster tried to claim). We're nothing like them. 

We don't get to use this "counter-attacking style" for long stretches of games against teams like Stoke. And their are a lot of teams who set themselves up to not get caught out by our counter-attack.

Also, you now claim that a "counter-attacking style is no problem for me" but previously you were describing it as a negative, as Mourinho did when giving our team a back handed compliment.

My view is that Conte has given our team a defensive style which is very hard to break down, and when teams press us and then make a mistake we are very quick to exploit the space provided. But many teams are learning to be cautious when they attack us because they know they will be punished if they are not careful.

Posted (edited)

On 3/16/2017 at 1:18 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

^ To be fair, is he wrong? I'd say we are very much a counter attacking side. I don't think anyone can deny that and I don't think Conte would deny it either. 

Mourinho: "The game [before the red card] was completely under control. They couldn't find what is their game; I keep saying their game is counter-attack. When a team closes the space in-between lines and the fullbacks, they have no qualities to be dangerous."

I deny it. There is much more to our game than just the counter-attack. I will be the first to say that we have an excellent counter-attack, but for Dave and Mourinho to simplify the "qualities" of our team in to that narrow definition, I just have to strongly disagree.

And for Mourinho to claim that we "have no qualities to be dangerous" is just to deny the truth. A few of those qualities were on display in the 4-0 win against them earlier in the season.

Edited by Faramir

4 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Mourinho: "The game [before the red card] was completely under control. They couldn't find what is their game; I keep saying their game is counter-attack. When a team closes the space in-between lines and the fullbacks, they have no qualities to be dangerous."

I deny it. There is much more to our game than just the counter-attack. I will be the first to say that we have an excellent counter-attack, but for Dave and Mourinho to simplify the "qualities" of our team in to that narrow definition, I just have to strongly disagree.

And for Mourinho to claim that we "have no qualities to be dangerous" is just to deny the truth. A few of those qualities were on display in the 4-0 win against them earlier in the season.

You mean the goals when we hit them hard with quick transitions? Hardly a point for your case I'd have thought. 

But whatever, it doesn't seem important to you what examples you bring up even though they'd say the opposite of the point you're trying to make. It's a bit funny to read though. 

1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

You mean the goals when we hit them hard with quick transitions? Hardly a point for your case I'd have thought. 

But whatever, it doesn't seem important to you what examples you bring up even though they'd say the opposite of the point you're trying to make. It's a bit funny to read though. 

You have this gift of making the poster who disagrees with you seem stupid.

But I just cannot bring myself to accept the narrow way you describe the qualities of our team.

2 hours ago, Faramir said:

You have this gift of making the poster who disagrees with you seem stupid.

But I just cannot bring myself to accept the narrow way you describe the qualities of our team.

If you want to support your claim then it's probably a good idea to not pick a game that supports mine? If that makes you feel stupid, well can you blame me?