• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1.   They talk a lot of bull though, don't they.  Anyone learnt anything from all the talk?

2. Perhaps because we play 3, not 2 up front?  Perhaps because the change is so insignificant, just matching up with the oppo as they would always do, whatever the paper formation.

Oh dear.  Hell of an imagination you have.

I take it you don't watch much football outside Italy.  Most teams play with a back 3, with one of the FBs pushing up into midfield.  They call it a back 4 but play much the same way as we do.

Watch any team and you'll find on WM and one FB doing much the same as Alonso and Moses both in attacking and defending.  Chelsea were doing this for decades.

Meanwhile why don't you stop posting about droy and start watching football.

Hey everyone !

Guess what?

We're all wrong and Droy is right !

Meanwhile Ramires and Mikel have taken early retirement , Matic is extending his contract to 2021 and Conte is on the verge of winning the league against the odds.

King Midas in reverse.

36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Hey everyone !

Guess what?

We're all wrong and Droy is right !

Meanwhile Ramires and Mikel have taken early retirement , Matic is extending his contract to 2021 and Conte is on the verge of winning the league against the odds.

King Midas in reverse.

And Mark Kelly is still obsessed about posters, and not football

49 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I take it you don't watch much football outside Italy.  Most teams play with a back 3, with one of the FBs pushing up into midfield.  They call it a back 4 but play much the same way as we do.

Watch any team and you'll find on WM and one FB doing much the same as Alonso and Moses both in attacking and defending.  Chelsea were doing this for decades.

Meanwhile why don't you stop posting about droy and start watching football.

Given Zaffo has you on ignore I don't see how he is "posting about droy".  He is simply responding to your attempt to derail him, (Something you are continuing to do, despite Zaffo saying several times about how he has you on ignore), as a result of someone else re-quoting your comments.

Anyway back on topic...

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

That said, not sure we'll see any 'fringe' players at all.  Can't really blame Conte if he goes super full strength 

I feel that the time for players to be given minutes has now passed, at least until both trophies are decided.  Willian still gets a bit time, as I think he has been on the field at some point every game since November, he's started 12 times so far.  But Ake, Chalobah, etc I can't see starting for some time now.

I can only see Courtois, Cahill, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Matic, Kante, Moses, Hazard, Costa, Pedro going out Monday, injury dependent of course.  Without Ibra it might be tempting to put in Fabregas (even with his bad game recently), but you never know what Man Utd could still come at us with, so I'd keep a few deeper players back, leaving penetration for the wingers and front three.

Sod all this lets play give some people a run out BS and lets go for the double. In my opinion the only non-first teamers that should be in with a shout are Begovic (as he is probably the designated cup GK), Ake (as we made him come back from Bournemouth) and Willian (who is apart of the main 13 along with Matic so does not really count). My personal XI would be: 

Begovic

Dave Luiz Cahill

Moses Alonso

Kante Cesc

Willian Hazard

Costa

35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And Mark Kelly is still obsessed about posters, and not football

Why is it always about me ? 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Why is it always about me ? 

Because you're not standing in the right place.

Blue Rod   

This is a FA cup quarter final, against Manchester United, against Jose Mourinho, at our own tuff, for a ticket to play in our adopted second home. We've built our worldwide reputation over the years, including becoming the top English team in Europe, by winning big matches. And this is one of them, especially as it looks like Manchester United are looking to win in quantity what they can't do in quality.

Conte gave important players early rest and protection from late injury in that West Ham match, and brought in other important ones to tune up. (which may have seemed a bit risky). I am glad he is thinking what I'm thinking. But then, since he arrived, every single thing he has done seems to make sense to me. I think Conte sees this one as a big match.

On 10/3/2017 at 3:50 PM, Martin1905 said:

FB_IMG_1489157425915.jpg

Bit petty that. Not sure I agree with the club posting stuff like that on the official site. 

We should be bigger and better than that. 

Ham   
10 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Bit petty that. Not sure I agree with the club posting stuff like that on the official site. 

We should be bigger and better than that. 

FB_IMG_1484672635282.jpg

On 3/9/2017 at 0:11 PM, chelsea_matt said:

Well, if we win with a full strength side and don't pick up any knocks I'm happy. I'd take a defeat for a win at Stoke, though. 

Me too Matt