• Current Donation Goals

4 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Yes Hazard was absolutely pivotal in our victory yesterday... oh wait it was again fantastic performances by Kante, Luiz....  so not just reliant on Hazard then.

Not when you have a clever player like Pedro waiting in the wings, He did well yesterday especially second half

4 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

Hughes is a dick. He talks of Diego's dark arts yet he manages one of the most thuggish teams in the league. And speaking of which, the penalty was VERY soft. Dive?

Added to that Matt, as a player, particularly for Utd, his game was very like Diego's too. He had some real technical ability, but he was always a "bovver boy" at the same time.

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

Added to that Matt, as a player, particularly for Utd, his game was very like Diego's too. He had some real technical ability, but he was always a "bovver boy" at the same time.

Yes exactly. He was fantastic for us as a player, but his teams are dirty, as he was as a player for United, if not really for us. Anyway, we beat them :D

Blackburn under Hughes were probably the dirtiest team I've seen Chelsea play. 

8 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Blackburn under Hughes were probably the dirtiest team I've seen Chelsea play. 

Obviously not old enough to remember the Leeds team of the late 60s through much of the 70s then ;-)

• Like 1

Holymoly   

Probaly just as well Hazard didn't play considering the filth Stoke was dealing out and the previous game against Manure. He's clearly a marked man and this is the only way the rest of the division can come up with to stop him.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Obviously not old enough to remember the Leeds team of the late 60s through much of the 70s then ;-)

Yeh. What was it that Ian St John said about Norman Hunter? "Top player. Had a lovely left foot. Used to belong to a German lad I think".

chara   
5 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Spot on Bob..Leeds remain my all time most hated club even now!

Now Leeds were a great side but the dirtiest overall in my time..the present "nasty" sides have only the dirty stuff to try and level a game needs a shakeup at refereeing levels. The mantra that creative players need to be protected has lasted forever but has yet to be followed!!

10 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Jeez Dave. Did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning?

I've never, and I don't think anyone has, said that we don't counter attack. It is one of our tools but we have many more tools. But when you say that we are just a counter attacking team, that's when people will have an issue. To quote your reply in another thread, are you able to read.

Yes I am. And no, the issue is not with me stating we are predominantly a counter-attacking side. 

You have people who seriously claim we only use it sparingly. It's our main attacking outlet. Deny that and there really isn't any point for us to discuss this further. Cause we'd be so far from each other that it's pointless and quite frankly, a waste of time. 

Galol   

The behaviour of Stoke is the direct byproduct of the incompetence of PL referees. I know Stoke City has history of thuggish behaviour but what would you expect from lower teams when big name teams like Man United are allowed to literally injure players as part of their game tactics. That's all United did in the FA Cup tie - kick all game and the ref did nothing. Something has to be done about this or we'll soon see key players succumbing to injury after injury. 

• Like 1