242 posts in this topic

At least one from Costa for his 50th goal.

I don't see why we can't win this. Playing fantastic at the moment.

My XI would be: 

Courtois

Cahill Luiz Ake

Dave Alonso

Kante Cesc

Willian Hazard 

Costa

10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Which is why Stoke are riding high in the table....??

You don't have to ride high on the table to nick points from any team. You just have to pick your tactics, stick to it,  and hope that your opponent finds no antidote to it. Burnley are not exactly challenging for CL spot, are they?

Stoke under Mark Hughes are a team that prey on your weakness.  No other team in the PL does that better. If JT starts we are almost guaranteed to finish that match with 10 men. 

On 3/15/2017 at 11:18 PM, fillerywhereru said:

I think this is a tricky away game coming off the back of a win in a big game really need a focused team for this one. Perhaps time for Costa to refind his best form.

Yes indeed, this game is extremely important at this stage,not being able to steal the 3 points would set us back out of our comfort zone and the mental stress will be higher. We still have some good alternatives, Zuma is fit, Pedro will bring us more than Willian would according to his recent performance, Cesc must start if we want to increase our attack chances,and Costa is under a big test here.

2/1 for Chelsea    

13 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

You don't have to ride high on the table to nick points from any team. You just have to pick your tactics, stick to it,  and hope that your opponent finds no antidote to it. Burnley are not exactly challenging for CL spot, are they?

Stoke under Mark Hughes are a team that prey on your weakness.  No other team in the PL does that better. If JT starts we are almost guaranteed to finish that match with 10 men. 

Please explain. 

Stoke have won 9 matches this season. All of them against teams below them in the table. 

Their record against the top 6 is quite simply, awful. 

17 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

I think, my fellow Blues, this calls for one thing: 

1-1.

Thank goodness! 

1 person likes this

Although unlikely, would really be tempted to see Costa partnered with Bats or possibly dropped altogether. Might seem harsh, but I think it would give him a little bit of a kick up the backside after being largely average of late.

50 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Although unlikely, would really be tempted to see Costa partnered with Bats or possibly dropped altogether. Might seem harsh, but I think it would give him a little bit of a kick up the backside after being largely average of late.

Hasn't been average at all.  People just like to have a moan at him given the chance.

If Moses not available, I would play Pedro as RWB and Willian as LAM, otherwise Pedro as LAM. I would play Cesc with Kante as I think they might need something special to break them down

--------------Courtois

--------Azpi----Luiz---Cahill

Moses/Pedro--------------Alonso

--------------Kante--Fabregas

Pedro/Willian-----------------Hazard

-----------------Costa