Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Crystal Palace 2

184 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I got ten . Not bad 

Hugely impressive.  I take it you are a 117 year old man with all his faculties  :).

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Hugely impressive.  I take it you are a 117 year old man with all his faculties  :).

I am quite old . (I certainly feel it ) 

10/12.  A couple of "educated guesses" though.

I got six and 11 on the retest.

Surprised to see we had beaten Everton the most, I went for the Spuds which was close.

Yep  missed out on Everton and the program character..and yep I'm 117 with only my Chelsea faculties working!!

Into the final straight now. 10 games to go, 6 of them at home. This being one we really need to bank 3 points.

Palace have stabilized a bit, tightening up at the back, and will make things difficult. Once again, this will be a niggly, physical affair, and they too will try to kick us off the park. This is another one of those games where an early goal would really help.

Couple of knocks to navigate. Hazard is still doubtful and I probably wouldn't risk him with City around the corner. Courtois has a knock too, but he should be okay.

I'd play Cesc for this one. Yes they'll be physical and will look to get in our faces but we're at home and should be on the front foot. 

2 people like this

Usual kind of game. They spend 90 minutes kicking our players and then when one of theirs decides to go down under a completely imaginary challenge, they either get a pen ("deserved according to that figure of objectivity that is Mark Bright) or they spend the next two years complaining about how the smaller clubs never get the decisions.

Exactly the kind of game Cesc shall start. We need to keep the ball and not get stressed by their for sure physical approach. Pedro's home record gives him the nod over Willian. Hopefully Hazard will be 100%, but I agree he should not be risked ahead of some tough matches.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Usual kind of game. They spend 90 minutes kicking our players and then when one of theirs decides to go down under a completely imaginary challenge, they either get a pen ("deserved according to that figure of objectivity that is Mark Bright) or they spend the next two years complaining about how the smaller clubs never get the decisions.

I remember when we played Palace at home last year, their defenders dealt with Costa by fouling him and being allowed to. On MOTD, Keown showed a handful of clips to illustrate how well the Palace defenders had done, and almost all of them were fouls. In the away game, Delaney booted Costa from behind and got booked after about 15 minutes, after which Costa had him on toast. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I remember when we played Palace at home last year, their defenders dealt with Costa by fouling him and being allowed to. On MOTD, Keown showed a handful of clips to illustrate how well the Palace defenders had done, and almost all of them were fouls. In the away game, Delaney booted Costa from behind and got booked after about 15 minutes, after which Costa had him on toast. 

Referees make a hell of a difference - it is true.