Michael Tucker

Chelsea vs Crystal Palace

36 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15.00, Saturday, 1st April, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Excellent , another London derby , against a team of cloggers.

Great.

After another tedious international break.

Super.

26 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Excellent , another London derby , against a team of cloggers.

Great.

After another tedious international break.

Super.

I can always count on you to cheer me up, when I'm feeling down, Mark.........:).

We are certainly entering a phase of the season where game management becomes key.

10 points and 4 goals ahead of our only remaining opponent. They will miss Kane for a considerable stretch of the season that's left (I think?). 

We should be able to manage that distance but football is a funny old game. I won't count my chickens until it's mathematically certain that we've won it! 

Right now we're on course for a 93.64 point season... Would be amazing f we could beat either of Jose's 91 and 95 point seasons. Would be hilarious if we would have recorded three season that's better pointswise compared to arsenals undefeated season! 

One game at a time. That's how it's been all season and that's how it will stay. It's very tempting to look at the whole of this week but all that matters right now is the Crystal Palace game.

Our manager won't let our players dream of the game beyond this one. It's superb.

They're all massive games and we just need to keep winning.

36 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

We are certainly entering a phase of the season where game management becomes key.

10 points and 4 goals ahead of our only remaining opponent. They will miss Kane for a considerable stretch of the season that's left (I think?). 

We should be able to manage that distance but football is a funny old game. I won't count my chickens until it's mathematically certain that we've won it! 

Right now we're on course for a 93.64 point season... Would be amazing f we could beat either of Jose's 91 and 95 point seasons. Would be hilarious if we would have recorded three season that's better pointswise compared to arsenals undefeated season! 

Will be equally amazing if Conte can manufacture us to obtain a 0.64 of a point from somewhere. 

I wouldn't put it past him though. 

Always potentially tricky are London derbies especially against teams scrapping to stay up. Palace games are historically tight affairs so hopefully with Hazard fit again and a full squad to pick from we can take another step closer. Wont be a stroll as they are on a decent run but teams wanting to win titles have to find a way to win this sort of game. 

Palace are getting some form. And Spurs just won't go away. All we can do is maintain distance. It's all about results now. Concentration, focus, determination and a will not to chuck it away. 

If Antonio is right and we need 21 points and we beat CP, it's a massive psychological jump from that to 18, I think. It just seems more real. I know we cannot win all our games but we must win the home ones. 

Would be a huge step to win this, as I think its quite possible that Spurs could drop points at Burnley.

Thankfully it's at home and although Palace have hit a bit of a hot streak recently they have the dubious distinction of winning 1-0 without actually registering a shot on goal in the entire game. 

Can't see them bring much of an attacking threat though unless someone manages to pick out Benteke in the exact spot he's standing in as he certainly won't move .