• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Wednesday, 5th April, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

This is a HUGE game now. It was big already but after the Palace result we really cannot afford to lose it and even a draw would be concerning.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is a HUGE game now. It was big already but after the Palace result we really cannot afford to lose it and even a draw would be concerning.

The flip side is that City do need to win it.  Especially if Man U beat Everton on Tuesday.  City failing to win would leave them 4th place with Man U 1 or 2 points behind in 5th.  That would be a really scary prospect for City - not getting in to the CL.  Guardiola would have to be sacked.

Not being the team that must win is always a massive advantage.  A draw, even at home, would be a reasonable result for us.  Conte football is perfect for this type of game. 

Apart from collective rotten defensive coordination yesterday , we were good against Palace , hopefully Moses will be back and Costa will push through the crisis of confidence he seems to be battling.

We need to make our chances count though , in fairness , Palaces defence is ten times that of City and we managed eleven shots on target.

I'm going for a hefty home win to break a few hearts although should City beat Arsenal today , expect some more bizarre refereeing decisions to keep the league alive.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

The flip side is that City do need to win it.  Especially if Man U beat Everton on Tuesday.  City failing to win would leave them 4th place with Man U 1 or 2 points behind in 5th.  That would be a really scary prospect for City - not getting in to the CL.  Guardiola would have to be sacked.

Not being the team that must win is always a massive advantage.  A draw, even at home, would be a reasonable result for us.  Conte football is perfect for this type of game. 

This is very true, City will be under more pressure to win than us.

The next few days are where Conte comes in to his own I feel, he seems to be very good at clearing the players heads and going again after a defeat.

If we do win on Wednesday then that will send out a big message to the chasing pack, the blip is over and we're not going to give you many more chances to close the gap.

Need to hope Moses is back for this one as the wing backs will be key for the counter attack against a very iffy back back 4.

Come on Chels! KTBFFH!

Sciatika   

If Moses still out would like to see Azpi on the LWB, Zouma at the back

-------------Courtois

-------Zouma--Luiz---Cahill

Azpi-----Kante--Matic---Alonso

Pedro----------Costa-------Hazard

with Fabregas as an option on the bench to inject some guile. I suppose its too much to hope that Arsenal might give them a game today.

jones   

Yeah, we really need Moses back. This is a huge game, as dropping points mean Spurs can be four or five points behind. Conte will go for the win, for sure, and based on recent form Fabregas should start ahead of Matic. What would be very interesting to see is if he makes changes at the back. When we have been flying it has been impossible for the defensive bench players to get a look in. But we just lost at home to Palace, and have two PL clean sheets in 2017. Cahill has been at the center of so many conceded goals this season, and was a nightmare Yesterday. The only question is whether Terry or Zouma are good enough, but they should be in contention here.

Difficult decisions for Conte, but I hope he makes a few changes. Losing at home to Palace just isn't acceptable. Pedro, Matic and Cahill out.

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Terry - Luiz

Moses - Fabregas - Kanté - Alonso

Willian - Costa - Hazard

I think the problem with Cahill is , in his mind he's Franco Baresi but in reality he's Francis Benali.

Lampen   

I expect is to win this. Costa har been bad. But hopefully he is fired up! 3-1

chelboy   

I think if we had won against Palace we would have beaten City. Since this is now a must win game it plays into City's hands. Our approach would be slightly different.  Sane and Sterling against Alonso and Pedro would be a massive disaster. Really need Azpi at RWB. I would bring Ake in rather than Zouma. Zouma would have suited the Palace game up against someone like Beneteke but against Aguero you need a defender that is aware of the movement of the striker. Zouma is not that type of defender. Aguero would run him and Cahill ragged.