Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 1

207 posts in this topic

I don't know why but Costa could have been a strong rival of Aguero but at this moment it's no contest. Costa has been so sloppy and casual recently and these aren't the traits of a lethal striker. Yesterday he took too many touches before striking the ball apparently not confident in his own ability to volley or simply he's taking it too casually.

City and arsenal both look like championship teams. We should beat them easily.

Defence wise yes but City's attack will be a concern.

Just watched the Arsenal City game,both teams good  going forward but poor in defence - so we have nothing to worry about if our attack are firing on all cylinders come wednesday night.....if only football was that simple.

Perhaps we need to take leaf out of the other team's book and kick them hard before they start kicking us.

I sense red cards, a horrible game to watch (for us) and a 1-0 win.

Two stand out things have happened to us recently that could scupper our chances of winning the league that I hope Conte has seen.Costa is hindering us at the moment and pedro is not a wing back.

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

I don't know why but Costa could have been a strong rival of Aguero but at this moment it's no contest.

Aguero is on a different level to Costa. I would put Aguero on the same level as the Suarez's and Lewondoski's. Costa is just a level below imo.

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

Two stand out things have happened to us recently that could scupper our chances of winning the league that I hope Conte has seen.Costa is hindering us at the moment and pedro is not a wing back.

Any one who thought Pedro was a wing back was daft to begin with. Only works when you play a side that is not going to offer much of an attacking threat. Against any capable team (aka EPL level) it leaves us too exposed down back. 

The problem is no real viable alternative unless we break up the back three and move Azpi. Doing this leaves us with either a bigger Zouma who isn't good technically on the ball, a slower Terry or Ake.

Will be interesting to see what way we go. Hopefully won't be Pedro at WB again.  

3 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Any one who thought Pedro was a wing back was daft to begin with.

And yet the idea that Moses was a wing back was pure genius.
Frankly Pedro instead of Moses makes little difference. Conte and I think Pedro can play WB.  Feel free to call us both daft though.

The real issue was putting Fabregas too far forward to allow his passing to make enough difference (despite the pass of the game, the sprint, the burst to get onto a cross between CB and keeper and the finish).

9 minutes ago, zaffo said:

The problem is no real viable alternative unless we break up the back three and move Azpi. Doing this leaves us with either a bigger Zouma who isn't good technically on the ball, a slower Terry or Ake.

That sounds like a lot of realistic alternatives to me - shame we had so few last season.  Add Willian at RWB, changing back to a Back 4, or Chalobah pretty much anywhere along the back 5.  Or surely Matic's skill set would make him equally as good at any of the back 3 positions as at DM with Fabregas of Chalobah for Matic.

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And yet the idea that Moses was a wing back was pure genius.
Frankly Pedro instead of Moses makes little difference. Conte and I think Pedro can play WB.  Feel free to call us both daft though.

The real issue was putting Fabregas too far forward to allow his passing to make enough difference (despite the pass of the game, the sprint, the burst to get onto a cross between CB and keeper and the finish).

That sounds like a lot of realistic alternatives to me - shame we had so few last season.  Add Willian at RWB, changing back to a Back 4, or Chalobah pretty much anywhere along the back 5.  Or surely Matic's skill set would make him equally as good at any of the back 3 positions as at DM with Fabregas of Chalobah for Matic.

The difference between Moses and Pedro at wing back is that Moses is good at it. Pedro playing there is imho a mistake, driven possibly by the desire to keep the three centre halves together rather than switch Azpillicueta to wing back and bring in Zouma or Terry.

Goodness knows what happened defensively as we were all over the place , Cahill didn't know whether to stick or twist half the time.