• Current Donation Goals

Why are so many people calling for so many changes? We lost one game and a game that we dominated and should not have lost... it happens.

The only changes I want to see are Moses in for Pedro and Pedro/Willian in the front 3 in place of Fabregas - but that's just back to our most used starting 11.

Ideally I'd drop Costa as well, but unfortunately we don't have a suitable replacement for a game of this side.

Going to be a tricky game, no doubt about it, but our lads will be SO up for this and if we defend as well as we know we can, then I'm confident we can punish them on the counter. 2-1 to us with goals from Hazard and Moses

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Cahill

Moses               -              Alonso

Kante   -   Matic

Willian     -     Costa     -     Hazard

jones   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Why are so many people calling for so many changes? We lost one game and a game that we dominated and should not have lost... it happens.

This is a big call for Conte. Go back to basics or try something new?

He has been saying all season that he can't change a winning team. Now we lost at home to Palace when we should have won by five. We played magnificently, but were mentally turned off in critical moments during the game both in defence and attack. We need to make sure that does not happen again. A few changes can help that.

As for Cahill, he has been our weakest link for some time now. If Zouma or Terry can't get in the team now, they for sure won't be here next season.

And you chose not to have Fabregas in your team? He has arguably been our best player since the turn of the year. If he is out for this game, then that means he is being dropped despite showing great form. 

Unfortunately, due to dropping points against Palace, we have to win this one. If we had won against Palace and still been 10 points ahead, I would have been fairly happy with a draw here. With Spurs playing at the same time, the lead could swing in either direction. Let's hope it goes our way.

Usual XI, with Willian and Matic to start in place of Pedro and Cesc. If Moses is out, then Azpi to RWB and Zouma in.

Luckily, Arsenal did us a favour and kept the game live till the very end. City will have a few tired legs on Wednesday, hopefully we can take advantage.

It's a huge game, probably the biggest of the season. 

Ham   
23 minutes ago, jones said:

This is a big call for Conte. Go back to basics or try something new?

He has been saying all season that he can't change a winning team. Now we lost at home to Palace when we should have won by five. We played magnificently, but were mentally turned off in critical moments during the game both in defence and attack. We need to make sure that does not happen again. A few changes can help that.

As for Cahill, he has been our weakest link for some time now. If Zouma or Terry can't get in the team now, they for sure won't be here next season.

And you chose not to have Fabregas in your team? He has arguably been our best player since the turn of the year. If he is out for this game, then that means he is being dropped despite showing great form. 

That would be the selection that started throughout our winning run earlier in the season with fabregas coming on as an impact sub later on.  I wouldn't be averse to that against City. 

1 hour ago, jones said:

This is the kind of game we need strength in the middle 2 so we can win that battle and then pace on the counter attack - Fabregas is then there to come off the bench if we're chasing the game, or to help release Hazard/Willian/Pedro from deep, on the counter.

I wouldn't view it as being dropped and I'm confident if Conte explained it to Fabregas from a tactical point of view he would completely understand.

No need to panic as we saw that we just had one of those games on Saturday. Another day that was a fairly comfortable win. But it should serve a purpose and remind us that virtually no premier league game is a stroll. Can only think of two or three this season and I dont include Utd at home despite the result as they had several chances to reduce the deficit/equalise throughout that match.

City should be just the match we need to bounce back, tough nervy against a dangerous opponent. These games are always tight and not always the better team wins as we proved at their place. We need our big players to stand up and be counted on Wednesday. We may play well and still drop points, its never the stroll the media like to describe winning the title, you have to earn it and that includes holding your nerve at times. 

Now chaps weve been here before bit of ectra noise from us Wednesday too, need to do our bit.

Holymoly   

Hopefully Moses will be back and I would play Pedro for Fabregas as his eye for goal at the moment may help take the focus off Costa. Willian is more of an impact sub for me and you would get more out of both by paying Pedro from the start.

Being optimistic I would say that we took our eye off the ball, both literally and figuratively, against Palace as the team had its concentration set on Wednesday night assuming an easy passage at the weekend.

DannyLB   
4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is the kind of game we need strength in the middle 2 so we can win that battle and then pace on the counter attack - Fabregas is then there to come off the bench if we're chasing the game, or to help release Hazard/Willian/Pedro from deep, on the counter.

I wouldn't view it as being dropped and I'm confident if Conte explained it to Fabregas from a tactical point of view he would completely understand.

Fabregas started for us last time around and we spanked them either way. It's not an issue. 

jones   

Fabregas definitely needs to start this game. Exactly the kind of player that can capitalise on City's defensive weaknesses. I am also tempted to want JT in for Cahill, as much to prove a point as to add that big game character. Cahill averages one lethal mistake per game lately, so Terry can't be much worse + he brings a lot to the table in terms of leadership and experience. 

Pedro over Willian is a tough one. The former gives us better defensive balance, but has been in slightly poorer form lately, and Willian is looking more fired up at the moment. 

Just hope Moses is back in for this. Really need him for this one!

TEAM:

Courtois

Azpi - Terry - Luiz

Moses - Cesc - Kante - Alonso

Willian - Costa - Hazard

On 2 April 2017 at 10:22 AM, Droy was my hero said:

The flip side is that City do need to win it.  Especially if Man U beat Everton on Tuesday.  City failing to win would leave them 4th place with Man U 1 or 2 points behind in 5th.  That would be a really scary prospect for City - not getting in to the CL.  Guardiola would have to be sacked.

Not being the team that must win is always a massive advantage.  A draw, even at home, would be a reasonable result for us.  Conte football is perfect for this type of game. 

I agree. Expect us to give up much of the territorial advantage and focus on doing them over in the same way as we did to them away earlier in the season.