Michael Tucker

Bournemouth 1 Chelsea 3

115 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Bournemouth at Vitality Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday 8th April 2017 (Local UK time/date).

19 minutes ago, Lampen said:

3 points and no drama.

Their form has improved recently. This game won't be easy any more than any of the others will I think.

I hope no-one else is feeling this way, but I am hating almost every minute of this run in.

Need to be switched on for the full 90+ minutes. Could really use a clean sheet to help give the defence a little more confidence, been a while since we last had one. Most importantly though is the 3 points!

Games against the top teams will be nail biters and against the likes of Bournemouth a possible banana skin. Complacency is our worst enemy. 

Anything but three points is a massive let-down though. Spurs will for sure be winning at home to Watford, and we play away to Jose next week-end. If we win, we can survive a draw there. Drop points at Bournemouth, and we have massive pressure on us.

Just hope Moses is back for this one. If so, the team picks itself with Pedro over Willian and Cesc over Matic.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I hope no-one else is feeling this way, but I am hating almost every minute of this run in.

Not me - it is quite fun.
If anything I miss the tension of a proper race.  I think the cup may be more exciting - simply because we are joint favourites but at 2/1 against rather than the 1/14 odds on we are in the Prem.  (And games against Spurs are always big games, whatever the context is).

Edited by Droy was my hero

Alright, puff the cheeks out and it's time for another big effort. 3rd game in a week with lots of tired limbs and tense minds. We have the benefit of not having to travel very far, and Bournemouth will be as tired as we are, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Bournemouth are difficult to play against, especially at their place. They have a small, tight stadium, with all the hysteria and claustrophobia that that brings. They won't sit back and defend their box either, so it's going to be an up and down game. We're going to have to be sharp to win.

Ideally we'd switch it up a bit to bring in some sharpness but I doubt Conte will change it up too much. Would hope Moses is back, but I doubt it. If that's the case we'll probably see Pedro start at RWB again, with Willian coming in. That just leaves the Matic/Fabregas choice again. I'd probably start Matic, seeing as this would be Cesc's 3rd start in a week and we could probably do with his class and fresh legs off the bench. It's a tough one though.

The next 4 games are, IMO, decisive. It's our toughest little run left (Bournemouth A, Man U A, Southampton H, and Everton A). We then have the likes of Middlesbrough, WBA, Sunderland and Watford, 3 of which are at home.

Concurrently, Spurs have their easiest run in the next 4 (Watford H, Bournemouth H, Palace A, Arsenal H). They then have the likes of West Ham, Man U, Hul,l and Leicester, 3 of which are away.

If we can keep the lead at 7 going into the last 4 fixtures, we should be home and dry.  

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not me - it is quite fun.
If anything I miss the tension of a proper race.  I think the cup may be more exciting - simply because we are joint favourites but at 2/1 against rather than the 1/14 odds on we are in the Prem.  (And games against Spurs are always big games, whatever the context is).

I get what you are saying and I normally would enjoy the tension of a proper race, but not after we have been 10 points clear. If we mess this up and hand it to Spurs on a plate, I am going to be a grumpy miserable git all summer. Granted though, I am looking forward to the cup games.

If we concentrate, focus, win the physical battles and show we are seriously up for it, and would rather die than give the title up, we will win.