• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Watford are just being outplayed to be honest. They stood no chance. I have seen Spurs put high scores past many teams at home. The advantage Spurs have over us is chasing the pack rather than leading it. They play with no pressure at all. It helps them to look even better. They rarely play after us so we always have to know their score and play with that in mind.

 I honestly dont know when next they are going to drop points. I have a huge feeling the Arsenal game will be a cracker. Dont think Arsenal will rollover for them. I have an odd feeling Arsenal will surpise many people that day.

 As for our clash in the FA cup right now I can only see one winner. I think they have our number tbh. 

Leicester owe us one and they also have to play West Ham away who also dispise them and are now in a relegation fight. Additionally, they also have Hull away - they have won 5 of their 6 games at home under Silva - although its the last game of the season so everything may be sorted by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Watford are just being outplayed to be honest. They stood no chance. I have seen Spurs put high scores past many teams at home. The advantage Spurs have over us is chasing the pack rather than leading it. They play with no pressure at all. It helps them to look even better. They rarely play after us so we always have to know their score and play with that in mind.

 I honestly dont know when next they are going to drop points. I have a huge feeling the Arsenal game will be a cracker. Dont think Arsenal will rollover for them. I have an odd feeling Arsenal will surpise many people that day.

 As for our clash in the FA cup right now I can only see one winner. I think they have our number tbh. 

Not true Chel and JM nailed that myth when he first came to Chelsea. In that season we rushed to the front and led the league from there throughout the season. The press continually trumpeted the message that we'd crack under the pressure of leading, with the likes of Manure and Fergie on our heels. Mourinho's response was to point out that our opponents were under far greater pressure than us because we were in front, not the other way around. If we were to lose a game then we would still be in front, exactly as we are now even though we lost to Palace. In contrast, if the team(s) chasing us were to lose, then how much further would they then fall behind? Spurs are in exactly that position now. They are under enormous pressure in every game they play, because if they lose then the league is as good as gone for them, whereas, if we lose, then we would live to fight again not just for 1 other day, but several.

Of course, if mentally Spurs have already accepted the fact that they're likely to finish second and that that would represent real progress for them anyway, as it would, then that does indeed relieve the pressure on them. There's an element of "we've got nothing to lose", whereas for us, with our vastly superior track record of winning leagues since Roman took over, 2nd will now always seem an anti-climax, even though it would represent a huge improvement from last year's disaster.

Mind you, all of what I've said here doesn't alter the fact that I'm on tenterhooks in every game we play now and often, when we go ahead in a match, place a small bet on us to not win, just to cushion the disappointment should we do so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
34 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Leicester owe us one and they also have to play West Ham away who also dispise them and are now in a relegation fight. Additionally, they also have Hull away - they have won 5 of their 6 games at home under Silva - although its the last game of the season so everything may be sorted by then. 

Leicester have nothing to play for they wont go down,  they certainly wont care about owing us one when they have CL to think about. West Ham have been very poor this season dont think they have any points against top 4 teams, Dont think Palace are good enough defensively to handle Spurs. That Hull game might be a dead burner if Hull are already safe/relegated at that point. Spurs mostly drop points against big teams. I can see Arsenal turning up for that one. Last derby in WHL.  

 

41 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Not true Chel and JM nailed that myth when he first came to Chelsea. In that season we rushed to the front and led the league from there throughout the season. The press continually trumpeted the message that we'd crack under the pressure of leading, with the likes of Manure and Fergie on our heels. Mourinho's response was to point out that our opponents were under far greater pressure than us because we were in front, not the other way around. If we were to lose a game then we would still be in front, exactly as we are now even though we lost to Palace. In contrast, if the team(s) chasing us were to lose, then how much further would they then fall behind? Spurs are in exactly that position now. They are under enormous pressure in every game they play, because if they lose then the league is as good as gone for them, whereas, if we lose, then we would live to fight again not just for 1 other day, but several.

 

 I understand what your saying but to me it seems like Spurs are playing with the "nothing to lose factor" as you said , they are playing very freely knowing they have already made top 4 and we gave them encouragement last Saturday. I think Spurs are the type of team who are better at chasing 10 points rather than holding on to a 10 point lead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I understand what your saying but to me it seems like Spurs are playing with the "nothing to lose factor" as you said , they are playing very freely knowing they have already made top 4 and we gave them encouragement last Saturday. I think Spurs are the type of team who are better at chasing 10 points rather than holding on to a 10 point lead. 

Yep, could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinod   
42 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Not true Chel and JM nailed that myth when he first came to Chelsea. In that season we rushed to the front and led the league from there throughout the season. The press continually trumpeted the message that we'd crack under the pressure of leading, with the likes of Manure and Fergie on our heels. Mourinho's response was to point out that our opponents were under far greater pressure than us because we were in front, not the other way around. If we were to lose a game then we would still be in front, exactly as we are now even though we lost to Palace. In contrast, if the team(s) chasing us were to lose, then how much further would they then fall behind? Spurs are in exactly that position now. They are under enormous pressure in every game they play, because if they lose then the league is as good as gone for them, whereas, if we lose, then we would live to fight again not just for 1 other day, but several.

Of course, if mentally Spurs have already accepted the fact that they're likely to finish second and that that would represent real progress for them anyway, as it would, then that does indeed relieve the pressure on them. There's an element of "we've got nothing to lose", whereas for us, with our vastly superior track record of winning leagues since Roman took over, 2nd will now always seem an anti-climax, even though it would represent a huge improvement from last year's disaster.

Mind you, all of what I've said here doesn't alter the fact that I'm on tenterhooks in every game we play now and often, when we go ahead in a match, place a small bet on us to not win, just to cushion the disappointment should we do so!

Thing is its Spurs (who have never won PL) and not City (who have proper expectation of winning the league) who are chasing us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Watford didn't even try. Didn't they play a weak side?

Yep , dropped Deeney and four others saving them for the Swansea and Hull games.

Normally this would cause outrage at SKY , playing a weakened team , how dare they ! 

But they want Spurs to win so it's meh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep , dropped Deeney and four others saving them for the Swansea and Hull games.

Normally this would cause outrage at SKY , playing a weakened team , how dare they ! 

But they want Spurs to win so it's meh!

While Deeney may well have been rested for games Watford may deem more winnable (and given ALL clubs are allowed 25 man squads, managers are entirely free to pick who they choose for any given game), they also had a player suspended and several others out injured. Would fans of other clubs be justified in complaining Conte picked Matic ahead of Fabregas on the basis it made us a little more robust in midfield?

I enjoy most of your posts, Mark, but at times you see such conspiracy where there is none that I must wonder if you are not unhealthily paranoid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chelboy said:

As for our clash in the FA cup right now I can only see one winner. I think they have our number tbh. 

Christ, you're a right barrel of laughs aren't you?

They're a good side but we will turn them over at Wembley, I'm very confident about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Christ, you're a right barrel of laughs aren't you?

They're a good side but we will turn them over at Wembley, I'm very confident about that.

Wide open spaces will suit us, plus Tottenham have struggled there this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.