Michael Tucker

Manchester United 2 Chelsea 0

399 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester United at Old Trafford before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday 16th April 2017 (Local UK time/date).

3 Points and no drama, (wait, Mourinho is there, always drama).

7 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Expect the mind games this week.

The mind games will not start until Thursday as it is Europa or bust for them as: 

1) It gives Jose a trophy, which is all he cares about and this is the only thing left for them to win. 

2) They have one of the most difficult run-ins I have ever seen, so 4th is a big strech for them and doubly so with the amount of football they have to play. Jose has already said that he will play weaker teams in the league I believe.

3) CL qualification HAS to happen for Utd this year because if it does not they lose £20m+ a year from their Addidas contract. 

4) I do not think Jose actually hates or dislikes us as a club. I feel he may not like Conte and possibly certain people on the board but that is largely understandable. 

Anyway, for me it should be the same team that started against Bournemouth and I think a win here makes it incredibly difficult for Spuds no matter what they do. Additionally, if Utd lose or draw on Thursday night I could actually see them playing a weaken side. 

Could do with Anderlecht giving them a proper game at the very least on Thursday. We'll be 100% up and ready for this one.

A week has passed without Jose taking a swipe at Chelsea. Whether that is a good sign or not, no one can tell. Looks like he's got bith hands and his mouth in Europa League.  Obviously not the same cup that he rubbished when Benitez was trying to win for Chelsea. 

I'm not sure about this one. I'm beginning to think the team can only carry Costa for so many top games.  Could be worse though;  could get himself sent off at Old Trafford with 70 min to play. 

Don't buy any talk of Jose fielding a weak team for this one. Anyone who expects it, or expect Jose to tell his players not to kick and punch our players could never have seen Jose.

I also expect mind games too from JM, undoubtedly it is part of his strategy for the important matches.

Playing us is always going to be special this season because of recent history so he will try and plan a surprise and I have always thought he primed our players to foul the opposition on occasions when manager at Stamford Bridge.

He will play the strongest side possible in my opinion allowing for the Europa. 

He caused us problems no end with the high press until the red card in the FA cup game and I am expecting the same approach.

Hopefully Conte has a strategy in place to deal with that because they could have ended up defeating us if the red card didn't happen.

44 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

A week has passed without Jose taking a swipe at Chelsea. Whether that is a good sign or not, no one can tell. Looks like he's got bith hands and his mouth in Europa League.  Obviously not the same cup that he rubbished when Benitez was trying to win for Chelsea. 

I'm not sure about this one. I'm beginning to think the team can only carry Costa for so many top games.  Could be worse though;  could get himself sent off at Old Trafford with 70 min to play. 

Don't buy any talk of Jose fielding a weak team for this one. Anyone who expects it, or expect Jose to tell his players not to kick and punch our players could never have seen Jose

Not the first time he's changed his mind. A few years ago he said he'd rather win 5 and lose 5 than draw 10. Now he's saying the opposite.

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Very true his brain is as unbalanced as his teams of late.