• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

Galol   
9 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Obviously not the same cup that he rubbished when Benitez was trying to win for Chelsea. 

 

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, I guess. We all know Moarinho is rank hypocrite but the above takes the cake. Desperate to win the very trophy he publically traduced! You couldn't make it up even if you tried it.

 

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing this vindictive loser get stuffed. So, can't wait for Sunday when will trash them, again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

He caused us problems no end with the high press until the red card in the FA cup game and I am expecting the same approach.

Hopefully Conte has a strategy in place to deal with that because they could have ended up defeating us if the red card didn't happen.

That's a bit of a stretch! They had a free header in the opening minute and after that before the sending off we were happy to let them have the ball (as we often do) and Man Utd didn't look threatening at all.

Man Utd were woeful in the FA Cup game, only marginally better than in the league game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
8 hours ago, Galol said:

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, I guess. We all know Moarinho is rank hypocrite but the above takes the cake. Desperate to win the very trophy he publically traduced! You couldn't make it up even if you tried it.

 

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing this vindictive loser get stuffed. So, can't wait for Sunday when will trash them, again. 

I think with Mourinho it is all out war, he is trying to maintain his reputation damaged by last season and anything is a target that damages that. He does not care if he is a hypocrite yet if he gives Man U belief with the 'little cups' and next season they are challenging then arguably his methods will have worked.  Already on the Man U forums a sizeable minority do no like his moaning, his treatment of Luke Shaw and the fact that the younger players do not seem to be given a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expecting a hard game with this one. The 4-0 hid the fact that they had 2 or 3 chances that may well have gone in on another day and they gave us a game even with 10 men in the cup. I wouldnt be surprised if this one ends up with a draw, not a disaster by any means. Spurs will also drop points at some point, might not be all nice and symetrical with our dropped points but they will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Already on the Man U forums a sizeable minority do no like his moaning, his treatment of Luke Shaw and the fact that the younger players do not seem to be given a chance.

Deja vu, anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
23 hours ago, Galol said:

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, I guess. We all know Moarinho is rank hypocrite but the above takes the cake. Desperate to win the very trophy he publically traduced! You couldn't make it up even if you tried it.

 

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing this vindictive loser get stuffed. So, can't wait for Sunday when will trash them, again. 

Well I have the champagne in the fridge( ok cava) because if we win this game we win the league.However,Jose has sold his soul to the devil so anything can happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 10, 2017 at 5:29 AM, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

That's a bit of a stretch! They had a free header in the opening minute and after that before the sending off we were happy to let them have the ball (as we often do) and Man Utd didn't look threatening at all.

Man Utd were woeful in the FA Cup game, only marginally better than in the league game.

Agree to disagree then. Other than the Hazard chance which he created all by himself I am struggling to recall another opportunity we fashioned. 

To not acknowledge the huge impact the sending off had on their game plan, IMO, would be very unfair to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

To not acknowledge the huge impact the sending off had on their game plan, IMO, would be very unfair to them. 

I understand the point you're making here, but given the way United played (if we're going to be fair to both teams), you could argue that they got what they deserved, given their obvious tactics. Mourinho sent his team out to kick Chelsea out of the game on both occasions we played them this season - League and Cup - and it simply backfired. 17 fouls to 7 in the league game, and 14 fouls to 7 in the Cup tells its own story - and in saying that, they also got away with a lot, too. 2 wins and 5 goals to zero, tells the other part of the story, imo.

That being said, I doubt that it'll have any impact on Sunday's game. I expect that they'll try to kick Hazard & company again, but in the end we'll be too creative and clinical for them. 2-1 Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 ^ 14 fouls is not a lot in a game mostly with Man U a man short, and in an FA cup game where our lead was never more than one goal, so there it was always worth fighting for..  I accept that another ref might have given a few more fouls (though we never seem to get that ref) but he might not have given the fairly soft Red.

But it is quite wrong that Man U tried to kick us out of the FA cup game.  They did set out to win t he ball off our front three quickly - a legitimate tactic.  In winning the ball they did commit some fouls, but the intent to go for ball not man was clear.

MT you like to find the facts that support your argument.  Well none of our players were injured.

Of course, if we wanted proof that that Man U side was not a real kicking side, all we needed to do is watch the next game at Stoke.  And if you are still not sure about this week's game, wait till we see pochettino's Spurs in a semi final.  That is a game to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

 ^ 14 fouls is not a lot in a game mostly with Man U a man short, and in an FA cup game where our lead was never more than one goal, so there it was always worth fighting for..  I accept that another ref might have given a few more fouls (though we never seem to get that ref) but he might not have given the fairly soft Red.

But it is quite wrong that Man U tried to kick us out of the FA cup game.  They did set out to win t he ball off our front three quickly - a legitimate tactic.  In winning the ball they did commit some fouls, but the intent to go for ball not man was clear.

MT you like to find the facts that support your argument.  Well none of our players were injured.

Of course, if we wanted proof that that Man U side was not a real kicking side, all we needed to do is watch the next game at Stoke.  And if you are still not sure about this week's game, wait till we see pochettino's Spurs in a semi final.  That is a game to worry about.

17 fouls to 7, and then 14 fouls to 7, + i player sent off, is a clear and obvious tactic - and shows exactly what United attempted to get away with. The 'none of our players were injured' line doesn't change that.  I watched both games, and saw exactly what happened - and that's all the 'proof' I need. - they may not normally be 'a kicking side' (I'll take your word for that, as I don't normally watch them), but they certainly were in both games against Chelsea this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.