Michael Tucker

Manchester United 2 Chelsea 0

399 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

looks like Alonso will be ok next week, not injured just unwell

If Alonso wants to be a top player he needs to work out how not to feel unwell.

Ronaldo and Messi find a way.

(Am I doing this right?)

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

looks like Alonso will be ok next week, not injured just unwell

How crucial has Alonso been to this team! We have been living on edge for a long time now. Our system only works with Moses and Alonso fully fit. And a half arsed Costa. Now this 3 components are wobbly we are suffering. Whats wrong with Costa by the way. What must Batshuayi be thinking?

League wise, we're home against Southampton next (25th), Spurs are then away against Palace on the following night.

We just have to put the pressure back on them, and then hope they slip up. Once might be fatal.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Beating Tottenham in the cup could completely unhinge them. It's even bigger now that game.

But ........what if they beat us ?

6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

It's one game mate. How many games this season do you give Conte credit for? Particularly following the debacle of last season.

To be fair, it's more than one game. What happened today has been coming. Conte has been bottling the big decision in my opinion. 

We play with an absolute No 9. That is the role that Costa has. It is not a false No 9, but a pure No 9. That role is as irreplaceable as that of a goalkeeper. Whether it's the goalkeeper, or defender, or Hazard, or any player with the ball, when they look up, they want the green light from the No 9. To keep playing with number 9 of the form of Costa of he past 3 months, is just the signs of a manager who is bottling big decisions. Conte is sleepwalking into failure in the past 3 months. His indecision is infecting the rest of the team.

I have heard all this crap - he is unlucky, he is having a bad spell, he is trying his best. It's all crap. If you employed an experienced plasterer, and he has the plaster hanging off the wall after two jobs, your response is, hang on, what are you playing at? No one would accept a pilot, even a rookie pilot, to keep overshooting runway for 3 months of flight, or a doctor to keep prescribing the wrong medication for 3 months continuously. So all these excuses for Costa is all nonsense, absolute crap. It's all football talk, the kind of talk that would not be accepted in any walk of life. Costa is sabotaging our effort, FULL STOP. I decided that for myself weeks ago. If Conte can't work that out, then we kiss the title goodbye, now. 

All the talk of no replacement is also crap. Any decent striker who is willing to genuinely try (rather than pretend) would be 100 times better than Costa for the team right now. 

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, Kezza said:

How crucial has Alonso been to this team! We have been living on edge for a long time now. Our system only works with Moses and Alonso fully fit. And a half arsed Costa. Now this 3 components are wobbly we are suffering. Whats wrong with Costa by the way. What must Batshuayi be thinking?

Agree about the WBs and if both dropped out shortly before the match then Conte had little time to readjust.

Re Costa, I don't get time to watch many matches yet I am picking up from the regulars on here that his form has dropped and so would like to see him rested with Hazard up front flanked by Pedro and Willian with Fabregas in midfield.

If we win our home games and get a point from either one of Goodison or the Hawthorns - then we're there with one just slip up from Spurs.

That's the best I can do for optimism.

3 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Agree about the WBs and if both dropped out shortly before the match then Conte had little time to readjust.

Re Costa, I don't get time to watch many matches yet I am picking up from the regulars on here that his form has dropped and so would like to see him rested with Hazard up front flanked by Pedro and Willian with Fabregas in midfield.

Yeh, me too. Only change I might make to it is maybe bring Cesc on a a sub rather than start him, depending on who we are playing.