Michael Tucker

Manchester United 2 Chelsea 0

399 posts in this topic

One last thing did anyone else find the media coverage extremely bias.. especially on the handball and other refree decisions?

only lamps fighting a lonely battle with the Owens Nevilles Giggs Townsend.. and their ilk .. completely ignoring it 

Disappointed and not sure what the rules are but given Alonso's late injury I would have moved Dave back to his usual position, dropped Zouma and replaced him with Willian.

17 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

I'm realising that Conte has performed minor miracles getting a tune out of some of these players to where they are.  There are some bang average players and not much strength in depth.  Hopefully get over the line this season and strengthen in the summer.

How condescending. Players and managers are as superb and as flawed as each other. They make good decisions, bad ones, have good days, bad days, win and lose. Conte makes good tactical decisions most of the time, other times not so good. The same could be said of any manager. 

Some players have played out of their skin to get us here. Suddenly you're saying they were robots controlled by Conte. What a joke.

One thing absolutely did not work was Moses at LB. He was useless and not as great as he is on the right. 

The way I see it is that it is not panic stations yet as we can still afford to lose to Everton and as long as we win our other games then we still win the title and that requires Spuds winning every single one of theirs. However, I think todays game did show that we only really have a squad of around 14 players. Ergo, for me something like this was always going to happen. Lets hope we see this out and then sort the quality and numbers in the summer. 

PS - I hope Alonso is back asap as when either he or Moses do not play the system does not function.

21 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

The way I see it is that it is not panic stations yet as we can still afford to lose to Everton and as long as we win our other games then we still win the title and that requires Spuds winning every single one of theirs. However, I think todays game did show that we only really have a squad of around 14 players. Ergo, for me something like this was always going to happen. Lets hope we see this out and then sort the quality and numbers in the summer. 

PS - I hope Alonso is back asap as when either he or Moses do not play the system does not function.

I don't know abt that not as if the others have gotten a real chance to play any mins.. michy, rlc have never looked off pace to me when they have played.. Ake too

What was the point of bringing Ake back, if he wasn't going to be given a chance.

Today was the day, and he still didn't get a game.

conte blamed himself in the sky interview, but I hope away from the cameras he ripped into the players.

Souness also said it was clearly handball, and when asked how he would have handled being man marked, he said he would have gone in on a 40 - 60 and gone through the marker.

Now I'm not saying that Hazard should be doing that, but I agree with others that Cahill needs to get stuck in a bit more.

52 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

This is what I feared most from the Mourinho fanboys, more than just losing to Man United.

Chelsea is now the team that is well put together, and Mourinho is the guy scrapping by. Conte is managing a team that was in tatters last season under Mourinho. He has has hardly spent any money compared to Mourinho. I think you are taking the mickey, honestly. 

Think you need to get to terms with the difference between a first 11 and a squad. 

I am not going to even try to help you with that. 

As a first 11, if you genuinely think we have a poor team then I am not sure how to respond to that. 

And dont even begin to use that crap "money spent" retort. They spent the vast majority of their budget on one player... Hardly building a squad is it? 

20 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

What was the point of bringing Ake back, if he wasn't going to be given a chance.

Today was the day, and he still didn't get a game.

conte blamed himself in the sky interview, but I hope away from the cameras he ripped into the players.

Souness also said it was clearly handball, and when asked how he would have handled being man marked, he said he would have gone in on a 40 - 60 and gone through the marker.

Now I'm not saying that Hazard should be doing that, but I agree with others that Cahill needs to get stuck in a bit more.

There was this moment in the first half where Rojo took out costa with intent.. right after costa shoved baily.  He went back and winked at Baily as if to say that one is for u mate.. 

when end do our defenders do that.. worse I have even seen ours chicken out of a 50/50 .. the only one who went in today was fabregas.. that's my problem with today's performance we simply got bullied

8 minutes ago, jangz said:

There was this moment in the first half where Rojo took out costa with intent.. right after costa shoved baily.  He went back and winked at Baily as if to say that one is for u mate.. 

when end do our defenders do that.. worse I have even seen ours chicken out of a 50/50 .. the only one who went in today was fabregas.. that's my problem with today's performance we simply got bullied

We never tackle , we jockey for position , it's a throwback to the Mourinho days where we had to win clean as the referees would penalise us for tackles they'd wave play on for with every other side in the league. As Madely demonstrated today. We need to start giving as good as we get , you watch Spurs next week , it'll be a bloodbath.

I'd hate to play in for a side where nobody took the  responsibility of kicking Rojo's plums into his chest cavity but that's where we're at.