Michael Tucker

Manchester United 2 Chelsea 0

399 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Is Ake cup tied?

if not he has to play RWB

He's not quick enough.

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

The way I see it is that it is not panic stations yet as we can still afford to lose to Everton and as long as we win our other games then we still win the title and that requires Spuds winning every single one of theirs. However, I think todays game did show that we only really have a squad of around 14 players. Ergo, for me something like this was always going to happen. Lets hope we see this out and then sort the quality and numbers in the summer. 

PS - I hope Alonso is back asap as when either he or Moses do not play the system does not function.

I still expect us to win, Spurs have the following next 5 matches Palace, Arsenal, West Ham, Utd and Leicester. All of these will want to get at least a point and I get the feeling that Leicester think they owe us one from last season.........

Anyone here think that Courtois would have saved that Rashford goal? When the striker is wide of the goal you make it easier for him by coming that far out.

1 person likes this

Surreal result! And just about our worst performance since the Arsenal defeat. United were the deserved winners. 

Anders Herrera got away with murder today. How many times does a player have to commit a foul before a yellow is brandished? Never watched a football game a where player persistently fouls the other team with no repurcussion. No wonder players resort to play acting. If Refs lack the intestinal fortitude to make the tough call, they should recuse themselves. Herrera should've had 5 yellow cards by half-time.

Suprisingly, there was no thuggish behaviour from Man U today. Beside the persistent fouling, hey played with greater intensity and focus than us but fair approach overall. 

In our last 8 games I budgeted 2 bad results (because we haven't replinished the squad in the January transfer window), 1 fair result (loss/tie) and 5 wins. We've clearly used up our bad results after C. Palace and United results. No, we must win remaining games.

The only upshot is our only title challenger is the Spurs who are the consummate capitulators. As soon as it's crunch time and they need step up they'll capitulate. 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

GNev just said from now on in Chelsea play BEFORE Spurs which if we win at home to Southampton , Spurs will go away to Palace seven points behind again.

That could give us the edge .

Actually, the edge is Spurs themselves. The Spurs always collapse the moment they're under pressure. They did this year both in the league (when they had a fair chance of closing the gap on us) and they did in the CL. Of course, THIS year could be the year they break the spell and actual step up to the plate. But I'm not convinced. So, the title is ours barring some unexpected collapse. 

3 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

no JM is about JM first and foremost.

Haha. Or maybe he cares about the club who employs him? 

But maybe I'm just crazy. 

Win their game in hand and they're one point behind City. Win the next game in hand over Liverpool and they're tied with them. He won't roll over for anyone and not because of his ego but because he's a winner. 

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Haha. Or maybe he cares about the club who employs him? 

But maybe I'm just crazy. 

Win their game in hand and they're one point behind City. Win the next game in hand over Liverpool and they're tied with them. He won't roll over for anyone and not because of his ego but because he's a winner. 

I think he showed exactly what we're missing today . Making his United legend one game at a time with nobody dickering about profit and loss.

I like Conte and hope we give him the true support we denied JM but the test will be the summer and when we don't back him Conte will walk and we'll end up with the Hull bloke.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

We never tackle , we jockey for position , it's a throwback to the Mourinho days where we had to win clean as the referees would penalise us for tackles they'd wave play on for with every other side in the league. As Madely demonstrated today. We need to start giving as good as we get , you watch Spurs next week , it'll be a bloodbath.

I'd hate to play in for a side where nobody took the  responsibility of kicking Rojo's plums into his chest cavity but that's where we're at.

I know someone letting Herrera know that kicking hazard would be hazardous .. somehow JT keeps coming to mind.. he would have protected him

I also believe as players Cahill and Luiz believe they are better winning the ball on their feet and not diving in.. but the problem with that is a) with age they have lost the initial acceleration and younger players are taking advantage.. with exp you believe that their positioning and decision making would bail them out but unfortunately they seem to be getting caught out

look at the Bournemouth goal .. crystal palace goals too from recent memory I am sure most goals you will see they seem very reluctant to go to ground even with cover behind and when they aren't the last men

I don't know if it's a team thing or personal but I blv with these quick players u need to go to ground sometimes

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think he showed exactly what we're missing today . Making his United legend one game at a time with nobody dickering about profit and loss.

I like Conte and hope we give him the true support we denied JM but the test will be the summer and when we don't back him Conte will walk and we'll end up with the Hull bloke.

If we do manage to win the league I sincerely hope Conte walks if we fail to support him this summer with a handful of quality players. 

1. We need a back-up:replacement for Costa

2. If Costa goes we need a back-up to his replacement

3. We need two quality wing-backs (Moses is alright as a back-up, Alonso good enough to be starting)

4. We need a top quality CM

5. We may need another attacker (unless RLC is given a proper go), a back-up keeper (if Bego goes) and potentially a CB

We need proper funds this summer. It will take a real rebuilding job to get us back to where we want to be. Go into next season with 1-2 quality signings and we have murdurered ourselves before the seasons even started. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

He's not quick enough.

He is left footed so will play as a lwb and is certainly quicker than Alonso but problem is his delivery

Edited by jangz