• Current Donation Goals

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm not excusing Man U for anything.

Seriously, you're attempting to excuse this season's Man Utd for just about anything, and everything. I can't imagine why - oh, wait ......

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I just think you do a great favour to Stoke, City and Spurs if you pick that game as an example of violence.

We were discussing Man Utd, in a Man Utd vs Chelsea match thread. And reflecting on their tactics the previous two times we've played them this season. Perhaps that might explain why nobody (oher than you) would want to talk about "Stoke, City and Spurs"? Because, just perhaps, it's irrelevent?

15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is no evidence that Man U came to kick us out of the game. 

As you well knw, there's plenty - in both games. A total of 31 fouls vs our 14. To just about everyone other than you, that's clear cut.

21 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

1.  Seriously, you're attempting to excuse this season's Man Utd for just about anything, and everything. I can't imagine why - oh, wait ......

2.  We were discussing Man Utd, in a Man Utd vs Chelsea match thread. And reflecting on their tactics the previous two times we've played them this season. Perhaps that might explain why nobody (oher than you) would want to talk about "Stoke, City and Spurs"? Because, just perhaps, it's irrelevent?

1.  Seriously MT.  You and a few others are just so obsessed with slagging off JM for anything and anything, you just have no clue about balance.  

2.  So there we are then.  Man U don't have to be described in the context of they're being a PL team playing English football ....  .... Because they are managed but JM, and that proves whatever you want  

11 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

As you well knw, there's plenty - in both games. A total of 31 fouls vs our 14. To just about everyone other than you, that's clear cut.

14 fouls in a game played mostly with 10 players is not plenty under any other manager.  I guess you make an exception for JM.  

21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1.  Seriously MT.  You and a few others are just so obsessed with slagging off JM for anything and anything, you just have no clue about balance.  

Nobody, as far as I can tell, have "slagged off JM" - that I'm afraid, is in your mind only. Man Utd's tactics against Chelsea this season have been raised/discussed/criticised. So what? They shouldn't be criticised because Mourinho is their manager? Is that what you're saying? Good grief!

2.  So there we are then.  Man U don't have to be described in the context of they're being a PL team playing English football ....  .... Because they are managed but JM, and that proves whatever you want  

We were (and still are, apart from you) discussing Man Utd's tactics against Chelsea TWICE this season. Because we are about to play them again. I am mystified that you don't (want) to get that.

I guess you make an exception for JM.  

Nope. That's what you're doing. You (and everybody else here) know that Man Utd attempted to kick Chelsea out of the game TWICE this season. Now either the players decided to do that all by themselves (and to hell with the manager's instructions!), or they were told to do it.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Nobody, as far as I can tell, have "slagged off JM" - that I'm afraid, is in your mind only.

Really? You haven't seen anyone in this thread slag off JM? I'm not getting involved in this petty charade some of you are involved in, but let's not pretend it's not happening. 

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Nobody, as far as I can tell, have "slagged off JM" - that I'm afraid, is in your mind only. 

Point proven already.

It really is like American politics here. You've got it all wrong because you are blind to the facts. - No you've got it all wrong because you are blind to the facts. It destroys discussion, and does no credit to some of the posters here. 

There is a paranoia about JM here and it is stopping intelligent men thinking. 

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No.  The Red was unfortunate and unfair on the player.  5 or so yellows might have been fair, while making the game a lot closer. 

Again compare the big Spurs game last season.   No reds, just one yellow each. 

It's not the ref's job to make the game closer. That's irrelevant and should a ref start to consider the effect on the game when making a decision they are clearly not going to be able to implement the laws consistently.

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

14 fouls in a game played mostly with 10 players is not plenty under any other manager.  I guess you make an exception for JM.  

Well you certainly do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Really? You haven't seen anyone in this thread slag off JM? I'm not getting involved in this petty charade some of you are involved in, but let's not pretend it's not happening. 

And at the same time let's not pretend that there are 2 in particular who will not tolerate the possibility of him ever being worthy of criticism no matter what the evidence to the contrary.

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Point proven already.

It really is like American politics here. You've got it all wrong because you are blind to the facts. - No you've got it all wrong because you are blind to the facts. It destroys discussion, and does no credit to some of the posters here. 

There is a paranoia about JM here and it is stopping intelligent men thinking. 

There's no paranoia, just a recognition of his well established character traits.