• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Tottenham Hotspur 2

Jasonb   

Certainly a bold move, I saw that Hazard had a bandage on his knee from a midweek training video so perhaps that explains his omission, many here have thought Costa needs a rest and I am glad to see Willian on the pitch we saw from JM's last season that Willian can certainly put in a shift.

Fingers crossed.

Costa on bench is fine, he should have been dropped/'rested' before now, but the Hazard one surprises me, unless he has had some kind of virus recently and isn't 100%?

Ake getting the nod at the back is great, Zouma not been convincing in many of his minutes this season.

I still think we have enough to win today and Hazard off the bench is a nightmare for any opposition! 

Could be virus, maybe Conte was not happy with what he saw in the last match and has rung the changes.

Also, Premier Leauge is priority even if this is a semi final

Blue Rod   

Resting Hazard for second half is not such a reckless move.  Dropping Costa is a no brainer. The only problem is that it has come 2 months too late. 

Anyone who can't see that Costa completely downed tools months ago needs a crash course on how to watch football. 

My only concern is that we could have prepared the squad players for a day like this.  It was all too much a Costa show, even when he was barely moving his legs. 

Won't look good for the manager if we are losing by a couple of goals at the break, Gary Lineker says Hazard and Costa are being RESTED?!!

DannyLB   
Just now, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Won't look good for the manager if we are losing by a couple of goals at the break, Gary Lineker says Hazard and Costa are being RESTED?!!

Didn't know Lineker was our official on match day dealings. 

10 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Didn't know Lineker was our official on match day dealings. 

He knew something, tweeted it at 2-30

23 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

we saw from JM's last season that Willian can certainly put in a shift.

And he hates the Tottenham.

Southampton I believe will be our first mid-week game since January (and only 1 more to come).  So I don't think this can be the ordinary kind of resting players.  So the Virus theory checks and Conte clearly with more info than we have.
But getting Fabregas to do the pre-match interviews was a bit odd.

chelboy   

So where is the creativity suppose to come from? A match without Cesc and Hazard is worrying especially against a team this good. didn't see that Michy decision coming. I'm guessing false 9 was the first plan but Hazard picked up a knock. Still think we are going to miss Cesc badly. Need a calm head on the ball in the midfield.