Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Tottenham Hotspur 2

301 posts in this topic

Ake was class. Answered all the people that said Terry should start. Terry has not played a game with this kind of intensity for a long time. What surprised me about Ake was he was not nervous or worried. He was very calm. He believes in his ability. Something a few players need to do in this team. 

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think so too, Ake looked composed and a fighter too.

Someone called him rubbish earlier? I'm not sure the change in tone. Is it because we won?

On another day with another ref we could have picked up more cards, Azpi, Ake, Luiz, all rode their luck at times.

The psychological effect of bringing on Costa,Hazard and Fabregas when level must have been immense.

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

Someone called him rubbish earlier? I'm not sure the change in tone. Is it because we won?

They changed their mind at half-time.............

Poor old Spurs , the best side they've had since 1961 and they're still in our wake.

1 minute ago, Jasonb said:

On another day with another ref we could have picked up more cards, Azpi, Ake, Luiz, all rode their luck at times.

The psychological effect of bringing on Costa,Hazard and Fabregas when level must have been immense.

And Lloris could've been done for handling outside the box, as for Demebele...another losing game where he lost his head. 

I was happy to see us stand up to them, too many games recently they've bullied us. 

A brilliant day in many ways. A brilliant win and a few lessons.

I always thought highly of Ake. He looked absolutely composed and unfazed. His brilliant tackle for the first goal was a beauty. He's also a versatile player. he's a confident passer of the ball as opposed to Zouma.

Another showpiece match and Costa still can't be bothered. With Bats so useless Conte might need to come up with more genial solutions to our attacking lineup. Costa is over as a Chelsea player if there was any doubt.

Now that we are through to the final I can make my wish on whom we should face. Another London derby would do nicely.😉

6 minutes ago, Kezza said:

One bloke called him rubbish but retracted it.

I think Ake was very assured today, possibly Cahill's replacement and hopefully Christensen to come back next season too.

TBH I couldn't see us winning this, Spurs were the team in form and frankly we weren't.

Stand out performance and kept going both times they equalled . That was  a blow to them and a moral boost to us. beating your main rivals by that margin cannot be underestimated

Fair play.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

Comfortable win for Spurs - can't see anything else.

believe Matt!!!  believe!!!

Edited by JaneB