Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Tottenham Hotspur 2

295 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It really isn't that simple. 

The number of times Costa gives the ball back to opponent and practically initiates a counter attack for them was more than the number of passes he completed. So instead of committing men to attack when Costa has the ball, we are getting ready to defend a counterattack. That happened again and again at OT. If that is not a major handicap worse than 10 v 11, then I don't know what is.

We might still lose if he doesn't start. But if he starts, there is no way we can win. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

The number of times Costa gives the ball back to opponent and practically initiates a counter attack for them was more than the number of passes he completed. So instead of committing men to attack when Costa has the ball, we are getting ready to defend a counterattack. That happened again and again at OT. If that is not a major handicap worse than 10 v 11, then I don't know what is.

We might still lose if he doesn't start. But if he starts, there is no way we can win. 

What happens if he doesnt start and we dont win? who is to blame then?

Edited by paulw66

Judging from both games against them this season it will be very tight, they will be physical in midfield and at the back and we need to watch Erikssen. We need to get Hazard into the game as he was quiet in both games against them perhaps third time lucky??

I doubt there will be much in it may well go to extra time and I doubt if a negative result will affect either teams league form much. it looks very much like we will have our first choice team available and I think the wide spaces of Wembley may favour us. I'm going for a morale boosting win perhaps after extra time...there I said it

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

What happens if he doesnt start and we dont win? who is to blame then?

We can blame it on Spurs being better than us. If we genuinely go out and play some football and get beaten it's easier for me to take.  I don't think I can watch another Costa horror show, quite honestly.

2 hours ago, Sea foot said:

To be fair, BieW was referring to them, I.e. Spuds.

I know. My point is that we are worse chokers than them.

9 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Ahhh I see. My sarcasm indicator was turned off. 👍

2 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Judging from both games against them this season it will be very tight, they will be physical in midfield and at the back and we need to watch Erikssen. We need to get Hazard into the game as he was quiet in both games against them perhaps third time lucky??

I doubt there will be much in it may well go to extra time and I doubt if a negative result will affect either teams league form much. it looks very much like we will have our first choice team available and I think the wide spaces of Wembley may favour us. I'm going for a morale boosting win perhaps after extra time...there I said it

Funny you mentioning Erikssen as I was thinking we would need to watch the runs of Dele Alli, suppose we need to watch both.

I would like to see RLC on the bench for this one, as he gives us something different offensively, even if we don't need him.

50 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

There have plenty of other times this season when we haven't choked Matt. We beat Spurs once and we've beaten City home and away for example,

No idea why we're getting our panties in a tangle over Alonso. Surely this is why we brought Ake back. Or was it just we needed a right back for the first team to train against? Similarly if Moses is unfit I'd just plonk Azpi in RB and let Terry have a run out.

We've got plenty of cover for every position that may be an issue, it's just that we never play them and that my friends is the sound of chickens coming home to roost.