Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Tottenham Hotspur 2

301 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

There have plenty of other times this season when we haven't choked Matt. We beat Spurs once and we've beaten City home and away for example,

Yep. Have to say that I don't understand this 'choker' business at all. We're about to win the League for the second time in 3 seasons, and surely supposed 'chokers' don't do that/can't do that? We certainly aren't perfect, but in the scheme of things, I'd have thought that we displayed plenty of ticker.

Posted (edited)

We win this 3-1 Costa, Hazard and Pedro with the goals. Then we will win our next 5 and wrap up the title.

Up the Chels.

Edited by OzzyCFC
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The good thing is Spurs will think they are better than us at the moment and don't need to employ Jose's tactics when utd beat us.

Costa will have a blinder scoring two,and we will win with people saying why did we ever doubt  Conte?I did read Roy of the Rovers when I was a child.

Edited by kev61

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

The good thing is Spurs will think they are better than us at the moment and don't need to employ Jose's tactics when utd beat us.

They are currently. 

The game is massive and as Mark say previously, this could have a huge impact on the title run in. They are absolutely full of confidence - and rightly so - they are scoring goals for fun and are mean when it comes to conceding. But should we win this then that confidence is shaken and then they have Arsenal up next in the week. It's a massive game this because if we lose, that's 3 defeats in 5 and the nerves will be well set in.

I can't see Conte dropping Costa but that boy is on thin ice and he needs a performance. He's more likely to be sent off than to score though so it is a risk.

Anyone thinking of playing Ake is mental, he won't make the XI. 

Christ I wish we still had Mikel on the books.

15 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Funny you mentioning Erikssen as I was thinking we would need to watch the runs of Dele Alli, suppose we need to watch both.

If you watch Erikssen then Alli doesnt get the ball to score. Clever little player nippy and can pick a defence splitting pass needs watching. 

7 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

If you watch Erikssen then Alli doesnt get the ball to score. Clever little player nippy and can pick a defence splitting pass needs watching. 

If we watch the last game . Alli ( great player though he is ) does absolutely nothing whatsoever other than score two carbon copy goals , I'm with you , stop it at source , if Herrera can be sacrificed to stop Hazard , surely we can detail someone to stop the ball getting to Erikssen?

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If we watch the last game . Alli ( great player though he is ) does absolutely nothing whatsoever other than score two carbon copy goals , I'm with you , stop it at source , if Herrera can be sacrificed to stop Hazard , surely we can detail someone to stop the ball getting to Erikssen?

I don't think that Matic is the right person to man-mark and Kante would be wasted. Throwing in Chalobah would be a nice shock.

JM used Zouma to man mark on occasions though not saying that is the right move for this match.

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

Costa will have a blinder scoring two,and we will win with people saying why did we ever doubt  Conte?I did read Roy of the Rovers when I was a child.

So did I Kev. We could do with Blackie Grey, or was it Gray?

Sadly the trepidation I had before the Man Utd game has not left me. I just have this feeling that Conte either does not know what the problem is, or does not know how to solve it. This drop in form has been brewing for months. There is a difference between keeping calm and being complacent. If you ask me for my honest opinion (and I think I do try my best) I do not see us playing really well, from defence to attack, which is what you need to do to beat Spurs these days.

Hazard has carried this team for months. So it's no surprise that when he is marked out, we seem to be finished these days. If we had at least one more player, asking questions of our opponents, there is no way any team would so easily nullify our attacking play.