Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Tottenham Hotspur 2

301 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Left back for Melchester an uncompromising fellow.

Ah right. Very good call. Congratulations to you.

6 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

So did I Kev. We could do with Blackie Grey, or was it Gray?

Gray

1 minute ago, Sciatika said:

Gray

Thanks Sciatika. Ye Gods, it had a wide readership yeh?

I am also embarrissed to  admit to reading the Hotspur (wash my mouth out with soap and water)

JT started 3 out of the 4 FA cup game so far.  Any chance he'll start this weekend?

Be nice, though perhaps too much to hope for.

4 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Ah right. Very good call. Congratulations to you.

Growing up I lived and breathed Roy of the Rovers  before I discovered punk rock and girls.

Cesc has to start. Should have against United. We wont control the midfield without him. They will press Kante and Matic into making poor/wrong passes as they did in the previous games. Simple stuff really. Cesc starting is more important than Costa not starting. Its quite clear to see Costa will be leaving in the summer. He may be trying to play himself out of the club. Not sure what Conte is going to do but the amount of minutes Bats has gotten tells you he wont start. I do think Bats has been made an example by Conte of choosing not to play players he does not buy. Same could be said for Ake, I think Conte wanted to buy a defender instead of recalling Ake that's why he never makes it in the squad. The treatment of both players is bizarre considering situations we have been in this season. Even when 2-0 down Bats still does not come on but RLC and Willian do?. I think its more Conte sending messages to the board than it is their performances/quality. Both players are better players than the minutes they have had so far.  Anyway beating Spurs would be a huge lift we need. It is going to be the hardest game of the season. If I'm honest I can't see where the victory will come from. They are better than us in every department at the moment.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Growing up I lived and breathed Roy of the Rovers  before I discovered punk rock and girls.

Fancy swapping Roy's boys for mere floosies!

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I discovered girls and disco( that will make you squirm as a punk)Studio 54 seemed like heaven to me - and listening to Nile rogders it was😄

14 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, I agree with this to a large extent, although earlier in the season both Pedro and Willian made good attacking contributions too, as well as Costa of course, but he appears to be no longer reliable or relevant to our attacking threat, at least as far as scoring is concerned.

Costa reminds me of an old Mercedes car we used to have.Top notch and reliable - but when things go wrong -  how long do you keep faith with something that is expensive to run and might sell for a good return.