Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Tottenham Hotspur 2

301 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Please no JT, bring in Ake for Cahill, NO GAMBLES...

courtois

Moses,dave,Luiz,Ake,Alonso

konte,Fabregas

willian,Hazard,Pedro

No JT; are you sure? Someone even mentioned that Mikel might have rescued us from defeat. Desperate times call for desperate ideas. 

One positive: Spuds are still in the Cup. Imagine if, as it's a normal EPLweekend, they were playing in the league, with a chance to close the gap to a single point...

Edited by Johnny Blue

Reading this week I've convinced myself that we're in danger of getting relegated. I can't face relegation again.  Last season was too much. 

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Reading this week I've convinced myself that we're in danger of getting relegated. I can't face relegation again.  Last season was too much. 

Some worry about relegation, others about squandering a 10 pt lead and the chance of a double. Freedom of choice, I guess. 

Edited by Blue Rod

1 hour ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Please no JT, bring in Ake for Cahill, NO GAMBLES...

That's John Terry; club captain, hundreds of club appearances, dozens of trophies and years and years or experience in high profiled and massive games vs Nathan Ake whose made 5 first team Chelsea appearances ever.

Yep, I'd be gutted if we took such a foolhardy risk. Tsk, tsk.

Edited by Hugh Jars 99

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

That's John Terry; club captain, hundreds of club appearances, dozens of trophies and years and years or experience in high profiled and massive games vs Nathan Ake whose made 5 first team Chelsea appearances ever.

means nothing, not the time to be sentimental, play Terry in a back 4 with Zouma along side him, but not in a back 3.

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

Costa was scoring goals from the hairs on his ears, and nothing seemed to get past David Luiz, only a few weeks ago. Stick with reputation or sentiments at your peril.

3 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

means nothing, not the time to be sentimental, play Terry in a back 4 with Zouma along side him, but not in a back 3.

Zouma in a back 4! This gets better and better.

Dave, Alonso, Luiz, Terry and Moses. It'll be the same formation as has been for 90% of the season. Got nothing to do with sentimentality at all.

Each time we've played Spurs we have struggled when pinned in on the tight pitches of Shite Hart Lane and the Bridge as they press very well. City had the exact same issue but if you look at all of the games Spurs have played away on bigger pitches they have struggled to cover the greater space. They have lost at Old Trafford & Anfield, were battered by City in a draw and of course the games at Wembley as well. I'm hoping our half-press will suit the larger space and that it will also allow us to pass out from the back as like it or not we will attempt to do. 

I think it's important to make a change to 352 with Fabregas coming in to attempt to overrun their very strong midfield and give Hazard someone to play with. Like a few others I wouldn't mind seeing Chalobah instead of Matic to get some extra legs in the middle but I would be surprised to see it happen. Jose had clearly been designing a master plan to combat our system and Pochettino could easily try mimic that or use the 343 that worked so well against is before. I am hoping a slight change can make a big difference in the center and lets not forget Danny Rose is out. He completely bossed Pedro and Moses on that day but I really fancy more success against Ben Davies. 

We as fans need to stay positive and provide support to the players because an anxious atmosphere is not going to help matters. Alonso and Courtois are back which is very important whilst the only player out is Cahill. I expect to see Zouma in on the right again with Azpi moving to LCB. 

3-1 to the blues. Up the Chels. 

Edited by samhoward17

1 hour ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

Sure Hugh, but JT isn't the same player now is he?