• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

Costa was brilliant last night, not only did he provide an assist and two quality goals he was constantly running in behind their centre backs. His no look touch through to Hazard in the first half was sublime and really should have resulted in a goal. His second goal was a thing of beauty and showed the ability to play in small spaces in which I anticipate Lukaku may struggle if he does replace him. 

I've spoken up quite a few times in support of Costa in particular because I think he is a unorthodox player who attempts high risk dribbles. All players suffer dips in form and that brilliant pass I described earlier would have bounced straight through to the keeper 2 weeks ago. I believe its nothing to do with desire or effort but in actual fact he is a confidence player who is targeted every single week by at least two defenders and with no support from referees.

Drogba, Rooney, Aguero, they are all streaky players who go 6 games looking like they have their boots on the wrong feet and then go 6 games where they are unplayable. I personally believe he gets a lot of stick due to the constant rumours about wanting out but if we are judging him on his performance his goal record is excellent. Many are very quick to turn on him but he has won us more points than any other player has in the league. Without him there would be no title that's a certainty!

Thought it was clear that Southampton have spent much of the last 10 days working on set piece routines. With a delivery as good as Ward-Prowse I think any team would have struggled to deal with those corners. He was whipping the ball in with so much pace and accuracy it was too risky for Courtois to come out and they had predesigned movements where Gabbiadini would go to the far post. When a team has that much time to prepare I think you have to hold your hands up and say well done. 

Fabregas and Hazard were both delightful and if we can get them both on the pitch in this form with Costa back scoring then teams are going to struggle to contain us. Fingers crossed for a Palace win tonight. 

Edited by samhoward17
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   

I think we all get sucked into communal nonsense in regards our team.The truth is we have went from a team that were mid - table at best to a team that is on the brink of winning the league with nothing more than a manager that understands the game and players that understand him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kev61 said:

I think we all get sucked into communal nonsense in regards our team.The truth is we have went from a team that were mid - table at best to a team that is on the brink of winning the league with nothing more than a manager that understands the game and players that understand him.

First line seems true.

There was much more than the change of manager - there were about 6 new players - including Kante who has been about 90% of the change on the pitch - taking us from a team that couldn't win the ball back to a team that does it quickly.  But most important we have gone from having to use U21s like Rahman, Traore and Kenedy (all far too weak to have been seriously contenders for a PL place at any club) to having JT, Ake and even Fabregas on the bench.

But hey 95% on here want to ignore the previous two seasons and either blame JM for last year or the players for mutinying against him.  It is no wonder they can't see what really happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

 

But hey 95% on here want to ignore the previous two seasons and either blame JM for last year or the players for mutinying against him.  It is no wonder they can't see what really happened.

What about the one percent on here who keeps having all his theories proven incorrect and cannot see what's really happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What about the one percent on here who keeps having all his theories proven incorrect and cannot see what's really happened?

Feeling smug, once Conte got some adults in and then sorted out the guys who were standing in the wrong places to save his own job.  The stars from 2014/15 are still top players.  And Matic, sadly, is still the same Matic - only that is less and less a contrarian view (I guess being positioned between the just as large but comparatively very fleet footed Cahill and Alonso makes it all the more obvious)

A bit disappointed about JT though.  After being in a tiny minority from 2010 to 2015 in telling people he'll be here for at least 3 more years, it looks I finally got it wrong last time.  Still it does look like he'll still be in the prem.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, samhoward17 said:

Costa was brilliant last night, not only did he provide an assist and two quality goals he was constantly running in behind their centre backs. His no look touch through to Hazard in the first half was sublime and really should have resulted in a goal. His second goal was a thing of beauty and showed the ability to play in small spaces in which I anticipate Lukaku may struggle if he does replace him. 

I've spoken up quite a few times in support of Costa in particular because I think he is a unorthodox player who attempts high risk dribbles. All players suffer dips in form and that brilliant pass I described earlier would have bounced straight through to the keeper 2 weeks ago. I believe its nothing to do with desire or effort but in actual fact he is a confidence player who is targeted every single week by at least two defenders and with no support from referees.

Drogba, Rooney, Aguero, they are all streaky players who go 6 games looking like they have their boots on the wrong feet and then go 6 games where they are unplayable. I personally believe he gets a lot of stick due to the constant rumours about wanting out but if we are judging him on his performance his goal record is excellent. Many are very quick to turn on him but he has won us more points than any other player has in the league. Without him there would be no title that's a certainty!

Thought it was clear that Southampton have spent much of the last 10 days working on set piece routines. With a delivery as good as Ward-Prowse I think any team would have struggled to deal with those corners. He was whipping the ball in with so much pace and accuracy it was too risky for Courtois to come out and they had predesigned movements where Gabbiadini would go to the far post. When a team has that much time to prepare I think you have to hold your hands up and say well done. 

Fabregas and Hazard were both delightful and if we can get them both on the pitch in this form with Costa back scoring then teams are going to struggle to contain us. Fingers crossed for a Palace win tonight. 

Great post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

 

A bit disappointed about JT though.  After being in a tiny minority from 2010 to 2015 in telling people he'll be here for at least 3 more years, it looks I finally got it wrong last time.  Still it does look like he'll still be in the prem.

I make you right about JT , I think he definitely has it in him to play for us still .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.