• Current Donation Goals

Faramir   
10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yep. World peace coming up next, just as soon as Conte gets a free weekend........:).

That is good to here. I think that would be the Weekend after the FA Cup Final. I look forward to it.

The nice thing about Conte getting us World Peace is it would help the transfer season go smoothly.  :)

Blue Rod   

Not surprised that that the usual people think that Costa deserves to start against Southampton. What surprises me is that they base their argument on what Costa did yesterday when he came on. Giving the ball away and throwing his hands in the air was his first action. The next remarkable thing was missing another sitter, that even a lampost would have scored? 

A month ago, I suggested that Costa was actually sabotaging our efforts. A few raised their eyebrows. I stick by that theory. Because it is statistically extreme that a player could miss so many easy chances for 3 months going without doing it deliberately.

And if we are talking about "a drop in form", that only ever happens gradually. Form doesn't drop like a ripe mango off the tree. 

We won yesterday because, as poor as Batshuayi was, he did not initiate counterattacks for Spurs. And I maintain my theory, that if Costa had started, we would have lost. I sense sentiments from some fans towards Costa similar to those towards Jose Mourinho. And could it be coming from the same people? Hmmmmm.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

A month ago, I suggested that Costa was actually sabotaging our efforts. A few raised their eyebrows. I stick by that theory. Because it is statistically extreme that a player could miss so many easy chances for 3 months going without doing it deliberately.

:)  So what does that make Torres, Shevchenko or for that matter Pato, Remy, the Falcao in a blue shirt, or any other number of strikers going back to Sutton or Alan Mayes?

6 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I sense sentiments from some fans towards Costa similar to those towards Jose Mourinho. And could it be coming from the same people? Hmmmmm..

You might well be right there.  I'd expect so.  The White Coat brigade  :)

Blue Rod   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

:)  So what does that make Torres, Shevchenko or for that matter Pato, Remy, the Falcao in a blue shirt, or any other number of strikers going back to Sutton or Alan Mayes?

You might well be right there.  I'd expect so.  The White Coat brigade  :)

Torres and Shevchenko were hit and miss from the start, and remained so to their last day at Chelsea. There were quite a few remarkable hits from either player I must say. And I could see their genuine efforts despite their shortcomings. Pato never got started. 

I have watched football all my live, and played it a few years. I can see for myself when a player is genuinely trying and when he is faking it. I just think that Costa has been faking it for 3 months. The likes of you have fallen for it, I'm afraid.

kev61   
17 hours ago, kev61 said:

Sorry zaffo you're sounding like Conte's representative.He is good we get that but it is his first year,and I agree he is setting the premiership alight but so did Jose.Sorry but I get the feeliing you think he can solve world peace.

Sorry a stupid post.too many celebratory drinks I'm afraid.There is nobody more full of praise than me for Conte.

kev61   

The thing is, it doesn't matter whether Costa is faking it or is in piss poor form,he should not play is an easy decision by even the most incompetent manager.

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So what does that make Torres, Shevchenko or for that matter Pato, Remy, the Falcao in a blue shirt?

You know the answer before asking: Shite (in a blue shirt). By the time they all got to Chelsea, they were rubbish (despite how many here tried to pretend otherwise).

At the other end of the scale however, there's Zola, Hughes, Flo, Hasselbaink, Crespo, Gudjohnsen, and Drogba - perhaps the real question we should be asking is "so what does that make Costa?"

I just hope that we start Fabregas in this game. We really do need to start games on the front foot from here on end.

Having the added protection that Matic supposedly provides is great and all, but we have got to start moving the ball with greater speed and intent - and we desperately need to start pushing higher up the field and supporting our forwards.

We have looked so sloppy in possession recently...

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

You know the answer before asking: Shite (in a blue shirt). By the time they all got to Chelsea, they were rubbish (despite how many here tried to pretend otherwise).

At the other end of the scale however, there's Zola, Hughes, Flo, Hasselbaink, Crespo, Gudjohnsen, and Drogba - perhaps the real question we should be asking is "so what does that make Costa?"

You seem to have changed the question.  Do you think Costa is deliberately playing badly?

2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Having the added protection that Matic supposedly provides is great and all, but we have got to start moving the ball with greater speed and intent - and we desperately need to start pushing higher up the field and supporting our forwards.

Watch the first 10 secs - supposedly was the right choice of word.

Far too many moments where we had 7 or 8 in our box to their 3,  
"Standing in the wrong places" really does describe our approach to the last two games and the first 6 or 7 of the season.  
We conceded 2 again despite being in front, and relying on the ref awarding the penalties and 3 very difficult finishes out of 4 chances, will not work very often.

We need to sort ourselves out.

21 hours ago, zaffo said:

Shock horror. The man has played like 110 minutes of football all season PRIOR to the Spurs game. If you actually thought he was going to come in and perform to an elite level immediately than you're exceptionally deluded. This isn't FIFA. He started brightly and was a key factor in creating our first goal. He had a few other good touches and certainly didn't disgrace himself. Naturally, he is void of any sort of match fitness and sharpness, it showed with the way he tired as the game went on.

Given we also played considerable portions of the game without possession that made it more difficult for not only him, but our entire attack to get a hold of the ball. He had 25 touches (passing accuracy 60%) in his 61 minutes of play, Willian had 27 (63.2%) and Pedro had 18 (37.5%).  

Now, was he great? No. Can he improve? Most certainly. But he certainly wasn't terrible either, given the context of his overall situation.

Once again some perspective wouldn't go astray. Although, maybe that's being optimistic with the way things can be on here.

Deluded? Maybe you should ask yourself why Conte hasn't given him minutes despite Costa's form... At no point do I think Bats has looked decent. That we bought him for £30m is outrageous. 

I hope we won't use Bats too many minutes for the reminder of the season. Not until the league is wrapped up at least.