314 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Everton at Goodison Park before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 14:05, Sunday 30th April 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Probably our last tough assignment left in the league.

They have lost Coleman and its looks like Diego the gunslinger is firing real ammo again ( gunslinger - resembles a baddie on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly IMO).

Lukaku will be looking to make a point and so will the young midfielder Davies.

I expect Conte to make changes for this and to have Pedro or Willian back in the first XI, my preference would be Willian for 60mins due to his workrate as well as providing a threat.

.Win here and the Spurs challenge might just falter.

Hmmm the law of the ex appears strong at the moment , coupled to our clownish defending on set pieces .........

We'll see just how much Lukaku loves Chelsea methinks.

If we can win this I think Spurs will falter. 

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If we can win this I think Spurs will falter. 

With luck they'll have faltered already - tonight at Palace.

Not that anyone will watch that  - instead ITV4 - Youth cup final - guess who the two sides are this year.  Ko 7.45

If Spurs drop points tonight, the champagne is on ice. If we also win at Everton I think that will be it. Our 4 games after this one leave little to worry about

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If Spurs drop points tonight, the champagne is on ice. If we also win at Everton I think that will be it. Our 4 games after this one leave little to worry about

Maybe just a bit away to WBA Paul? A team of giraffes and we're not exactly excelling at defending crosses!

Yes WBA might be tricky yet they are not chasing anything so expect 3 points now that we are showing signs of our big players being at their best.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

Yes WBA might be tricky yet they are not chasing anything so expect 3 points now that we are showing signs of our big players being at their best.

It feels like we have a horrible record at the Hawthorns in recent years.

Edited by McCreadie
typo

Well, we cannot rely on others to win it for us. But I sense 1-1. :P

We need to win this one , Arsenal "always" beat Spurs so this will be the year they don't.

They're good at home but we're good away , I think our tail is up at the moment but I worry about set pieces where against Southampton we were all at sea but I think Costa has gotten through his crisis of confidence now , he was a different player after his first goal and looked back to his tigerish best and Hazard and Fabregas were both excellent.

I think we've just got too much class for them providing Lukaku can be kept quiet , I don't think after his last attempt that Koeman will match us up in formation so that gives us an edge too .

All we need now is a ref who realises their support claims for handball approximately sixty times per half and we're golden.