314 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

That's it Matt and that's all we need to do and Spurs are powerless to stop us. Today we overcame our toughest looking remaining fixture comfortably, despite not being at our best, if you believe the comments on this forum. We have home games against weak opposition and a tricky looking fixture at WBA which we may well win anyway, but which we can afford to lose. Would we have taken this position at the start of this season, following the debacle of the last?

I predicted here in August we'd win the title ;) 

1 minute ago, chelsea_matt said:

I predicted here in August we'd win the title ;) 

Yep. That confidence and all those 1-1 predictions have taken us to this position. We owe it all to you mate! I'm sure that Antonio will be on the blower to you before too long.

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

I find the negative vibe on this forum when the game is going on just demoralizing.

I don't I find it healthy to have a certain amount of cynicism.

Edited by kev61

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

Yep. Within five minutes of my posting the Cech comment they score 2.

Logic tells me I'm not responsible, but there will be plenty on here who will blame me. 

I blame you.

Maybe the king of draws can inflict at least a draw against Spurs. Somehow however I wished Spurs humiliate them and their manager though. 

14 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yep. That confidence and all those 1-1 predictions have taken us to this position. We owe it all to you mate! I'm sure that Antonio will be on the blower to you before too long.

Well I don't want to boast...

2 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Maybe the king of draws can inflict at least a draw against Spurs. Somehow however I wished Spurs humiliate them and their manager though. 

They'll roll over for Spurs no question about it . He may even wear his United Gilet.

Great result today and another moment of magic from Pedro who goes a bit under the radar with the media who think its all about Hazard and Costa. Three wins to win the title, wont be the stroll the fixtures may suggest and Spurs are it seems determined not to fade away though they still have some awkward games to come. We will be tested to the limit however with three games in a week to keep the product interesting (never mind the fans eh) and the same character as today will be required.

24 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Yep I feel a plan coming together.we win the double, utd end the season with the Walt Disney cup and lose out on a champions league place.Mourhino will sign Lakaku at a ridiculous price next season who will flop and Tso sacked by Christmas.Did I tell you I don't like him?

Credit to Conte, three matches in 8 days and three wins. The psychological war continues with Spurs and credit also to Poch.

Took something special to break the deadlock today so credit also due to Pedro.

With City only drawing Utd might feel they can attain the top 4 without needing to win the Europa and so provide stiffer opposition to Spurs, likewise when City play Spurs they will also need the points to be sure of top 4.