• Current Donation Goals

Faramir   

Blue Rod is sounding worse the way he goes on about Costa, than Droy when he moans about Matic.

16 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Blue Rod is sounding worse the way he goes on about Costa, than Droy when he moans about Matic.

They're as bad as each other (Blue Rod and Droy, I mean)  Matic has good games, bad games and OK games, but for Droy he's always poor. Costa has had a poor run of late, but doesn't deserve being accused (as he is, repeatedly, by Blue Rod) of deliberately playing badly.

Blue Rod   
35 minutes ago, kev61 said:

True pete but recent games tells me he rather soft when he is man marked.

The sum total is more important than individuals.

True. But as Pete puts it, Eden is coachable, and rather unique in some of his abilities. And importantly for me, his attitude this season has been nothing but exceptional, which counts for a lot.

£100m is a serious temptation, and Conte has already pre-empted that scenario by suggesting that he's  powerless to stop any player from leaving, if Real Madrid come after him. In other words, the board might choose to take the cash.

£50m for Costa would do. It is  a loss for us compared to his valuation in January. But I'm sure there will be no shortage of fans willing to chip in to help the poor guy get his dream move.

Ham   

What a dirty sly player Davies is.  He GOT Costa twice in the first half and could have had two yellows.  

Instead neither was even given as a foul.

On the game, another opportunity to drop points avoided.  That's all that counts. 

Usual reactionary madness in the MDF earlier.  Thank goodness Conte didn't look here for tips during a game...

HUGE WIN!!! Thought minus a few iffy moments first half we were a lot better than people gave us credit for. Was impressed with how much we pressed in the first 30 mins, unlucky that Hazard and Costa didn't score.

I LOVE Pedro. This man has been superb for us this season, proper quality player and utterly deserving of winning the Premier League IF we do it.

One game at a time, it doesn't change. Tottenham play before us next but it really doesn't matter. All we need to do is win our game and that's it.

Thought Matic was excellent today (along with Kante, duh) and Fabregas equally so when he came on.

Class performances all round.

6 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I've been saying it for a while, right now they are the best team in England by some distance. 

They certainly looked it at Wembley.

Sorry, I mean they certainly didn't look it at Wembley when they shipped 4 goals.

chara   

Hazard...man to man marking is "easy" in the sense if that's all you do. The down side is that someone else has to cover the marker'.s "other' duties. Looked at overall Everton lost more than Chelsea with that tactic > Hazard was "subdued" but still three goals were conceded by Everton.

In some ways it mirrors the Costa nuisance value that so many seem to overlook. While Costa is being clobbered and "competing" at least one defender and usually two are occupied and using energy and that seems to show towards the end of many games.

The game isn't just about mazy runs breathtaking skills and goals . Like many things the toppings are made by the basic hard work.

57 minutes ago, chara said:

In some ways it mirrors the Costa nuisance value that so many seem to overlook.

"Nuisance value' is fine and all, and I seriously doubt that many 'overlook' it as a contribution to the team effort - but that isn't what you buy a striker for, and it's not what a striker gets judged on at the end of the day.

Vinod   
4 hours ago, Ham said:

What a dirty sly player Davies is.  He GOT Costa twice in the first half and could have had two yellows.  

Instead neither was even given as a foul.

On the game, another opportunity to drop points avoided.  That's all that counts. 

Usual reactionary madness in the MDF earlier.  Thank goodness Conte didn't look here for tips during a game...

I like Tom Davies. He is unfazed and yet ready to work hard for the team.

If only RLC showed that kind of energy on the field ... Sigh 

Tottenham are irrelevant as long as we win 3 of our last games. They are very good at the moment, on their best run for 50 years and have arguably their best team in that time. However they are still not good enough to top us and win the league. That's right, their best team for half a century is still not good enough to finish above the mighty Chelsea!

Enjoy it, embrace it and laugh in the face of all Tottenham fans, their best is still not enough, they always have and always will be a nothing club that sometimes get carried away with themselves and think they are bigger than they are, yet ALWAYS fail at the final hurdle and win NOTHING!!!

It won't be long before their current crop of players, and manager, realise this and start looking elsewhere for a genuine chance of winning some silverware. They will sell their best player, history shows this as they are a selling club, and go back to their rightful place of nothingness. 

The league is sewn up, it has been for a long time. Them going on such a good run and believing they have a chance will only make  it sweeter when we lift the trophy and once again they fail to achieve anything. 

After yesterday Conte knows it, the players know it, the fans that where there know it and we thoroughly enjoyed the celebrations at the end of the game. I'm loving this run in more than any other, the fact that I have been incredibly confident for a while now means even the loses haven't really bothered me. The fact that it's the perennial underachievers chasing us makes it even better. The fact that Arsenal thought they had a genuine chance 3 months into the season and Liverpool won the league in October makes it even better.

The fact that because we were so good earlier in the season means we can afford to drop points and give others false hope makes it even better. The fact that United are on a long unbeaten run and are still nowhere near challenging makes it even better. The fact that Guardiola has been proved to be the myth, that I predicted he is, makes it even better.

I suggest some embrace the fact that we WILL be champions this year while all around us suffer in various ways. It's got to be far more enjoyable than the negativity that surrounds most on here. Honestly try to be positive and enjoy the last 4 games, as a Chelsea fan it will be much more enjoyable for you all.

Edited by Martin1905
  • Like 1