314 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Good point CTID. In fact I agree with Dave that they may well have the best first XI right now. Nevertheless, as you say, we still beat them well at Wembley. We restricted them to very few shots and scored 4 times against them and it wasn't because they had an off day at all. We showed tremendous resilience there and also provided clear evidence that, despite their strong first team, our squad has unequalled strength in depth.

I just find it a bit ridiculous when after 34 games of the season we have:

- More goals scored

- 3 more wins than them

- 4 more points than them

...yet people are saying "Tottenham are the best team in England".

Factually - not opinion - they're not.

They're a very good side no doubt about it, best Tottenham team I've ever seen, but if they were the best team in the country then they would be winning the league after 34 games.

They're not.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

BBC dying for Spurs to win it. There's no room for complacency; it's gonna be close. Very close. But as I say we are doing all we can do.

Well I don't think Shearer is. He's become the president of the Antonio Conte/CFC fan club I reckon.

21 minutes ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

I just find it a bit ridiculous when after 34 games of the season we have:

- More goals scored

- 3 more wins than them

- 4 more points than them

...yet people are saying "Tottenham are the best team in England".

Factually - not opinion - they're not.

They're a very good side no doubt about it, best Tottenham team I've ever seen, but if they were the best team in the country then they would be winning the league after 34 games.

They're not.

Well maybe, but there is a difference between a) "best team in the country now" and b) "have been the best team in the country over the entire season to date". For a) well maybe they might be, but for b) I agree with you of course, that's us for sure.

Edited by PeteRobbo

"Best team in the country now"? Would've said we put that one to bed at Wembley too, but if it helps Tottenham and their fans get to sleep then they can knock themselves out - oh no wait, we already knocked them out.

Edited by Chelsea-Till-I-Die

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well I don't think Shearer is. He's become the president of the Antonio Conte/CFC fan club I reckon.

A lot less annoying as a pundit than he was as a player.  Same could be said for Gary Neville, although I don't see a lot of him, and Lee Dixon.

Most are still annoying though, I.e. ex Liverpool players, Ian Wright, Garth Crooks (of course) and 'Mr Nice Guy' Gary Lineker who actually isn't 'nice' at all, especially since he developed a conscience and felt the need to share it with everyone. 

4 hours ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

but if it helps Tottenham and their fans get to sleep then they can knock themselves out 

They already do........

Michael-Voller-attack-ED.jpg

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Ham said:

They already do........

Michael-Voller-attack-ED.jpg

Hahaha! I'm not laughing at that unfortunate fellow btw (ridiculous what happened to him).

I know some fans of any club can be thugs, ours included, but Spuds fans...

A few years (decades?) back a bunch of mates and I, who lived in the area, used to go to Orient games (easy to get to, cheap, no ticket hassles, etc.). One pre-season we played L'Arses then Spuds a week later. L'Arses fans were OK, usual banter, Mickey-taking, etc., but the Spuds fans were nasty, aggressive and not into good-humoured banter, etc. There wasn't any trouble, but down every side street there were SPG-type police buses, obviously ready for something going off. They hadn't been there for the L'Arses game...

10 hours ago, JaneB said:

A lot less annoying as a pundit than he was as a player.  Same could be said for Gary Neville, although I don't see a lot of him, and Lee Dixon.

Most are still annoying though, I.e. ex Liverpool players, Ian Wright, Garth Crooks (of course) and 'Mr Nice Guy' Gary Lineker who actually isn't 'nice' at all, especially since he developed a conscience and felt the need to share it with everyone. 

Ha Ha Jane I agree with this.you can tell shearer and Neville know the game inside out.Garth Crooks is the biggest waffler as a pundit you will ever come across.He thinks he is poetic in his punditry and tries to come across as a football intellectual,when in fact he is full of shite.

1 person likes this