• Current Donation Goals

As far as I can make out, Pochettino has been a Manager/Head Coach now for 8 seasons in Spain and England. In that time he's been in charge of 3 clubs (Espanyol, Southampton, and Spurs), for a total of 380 games. He's won nothing, not even one of the lesser Cups. Although in fairness to him, Spurs did manage to conjure-up a record-breaking 9 yelow cards in a single game against Chelsea - so, credit where it's due........:).

I certainly don't think that Poch is a bad manager, but I do think that his reputation outstrips the reality. If Barca do come calling any time soon (as some here seem to believe), I'll honestly be gobsmacked!

kev61   
11 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Well like I said, it's my personal opinion that Spurs are the best team right now. They have a fantastic starting XI who are well-drilled and work ever so well together. They play a fast and attractive style, with high-press and a lot of focus on quick passes and overloading of teams. They have some incredible players, strong and with fantastic stamina. I also think they were the better team at Wembley but where we did score at some crucial moments of the game. We had a tactical set-up and followed that to the end. But at 2-2, before Hazard scored, they were definitely looking like the most probable winners. 

They remind me of how we played for 8 months in the 2014-15 season before JM decided to protect the lead and just walk it home instead of continuing to steamroll teams as we did at first. 

The most worrying sign here, is that they are improving year on year. If Poch continues like this, they will be an incredibly tough opponent next season. 

Football is of course about points, but over the last couple of months they have amasses more points than us and have also played a lot better than we have. I'm a bit curious to how me saying they are the best team right now can be so controversial? It's not exactly like I'm enjoying their spell - I ****ing hate it. But sometimes you just have to concede and congratulate someone else no matter how much it hurts. 

Well we can compare the argument to a marathon runner.Over the course of 26 miles the race winner builds a huge lead but the second placed runner(hopefully) storms back but just fails to win the race.

Now some will say if only the second placed runner had started better.The truth is the winner of the race was better overall.Spurs are a very good team that I enjoy watching,but they are second best to us - that's just a fact.

• Like 1

kev61   
19 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I never claimed it to be facts, just my opinion. 

It is possible to be the best team in England right now and not winning the league. I stand by my statement - right now, and for a few months now, Tottenham has been the best team in England. 

Did you watch the Arsenal game? It should have been 5-0. 

See that's where I think you are wrong.Arsenal were on equal terms for long periods in the game.As usual Arsenal were poor in defense but to say it should have been 5-0 is nonsense.

Edited by kev61

Jasonb   

Just taken a quick look on the wiki season updates and Chelsea in all competitions have played 95 and Spurs 99.

Not saying we don't deserve our lead as it is so difficult too compare though would consider this a factor just the same in this seasons progress in relation to Spurs.

5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

As far as I can make out, Pochettino has been a Manager/Head Coach now for 8 seasons in Spain and England. In that time he's been in charge of 3 clubs (Espanyol, Southampton, and Spurs), for a total of 380 games. He's won nothing, not even one of the lesser Cups. Although in fairness to him, Spurs did manage to conjure-up a record-breaking 9 yelow cards in a single game against Chelsea - so, credit where it's due........:).

I certainly don't think that Poch is a bad manager, but I do think that his reputation outstrips the reality. If Barca do come calling any time soon (as some here seem to believe), I'll honestly be gobsmacked!

Would you have expected him to win anything with Espanyol and Southampton? 

Taking Spurs to almost winning the league (twice) is incredible imo. They've been nowhere near that for decades. 

• Like 1

Faramir   
5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Disagree with this. Excellent manager who certainly did a great job with Southampton and has made Tottenham a real contender. He and Conte are the big winners in the 'manager war' which the media were highlighting at the start of the season among the top six. And give Pochettino a lot of credit for everyone talking these days about 'the top 6' when for years we used to talk about the top 4. City arrived quickly because of their huge financial support. Tottenham had to do it the hard way.

Edited by Faramir

Ham   
4 hours ago, kev61 said:

See that's where I think you are wrong.Arsenal were on equal terms for long periods in the game.As usual Arsenal were poor in defense but to say it should have been 5-0 is nonsense.

Actually Kev they had 3 or more clear cut chances which they missed. The Alli close range header, the Eriksen close range volley in the first half alone.  Could very easily have been 5 or 6.  

8 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

2) Their wage structure is a big issue. Now you may be able to keep a group of players away from 2x, 3x their wages when they are 20-23 and there is a sense something is building. However, when those players fall short 2, 3, 4 times the doubt will start to set in and doubly so when they see players such as Lingard earning £100k while they are pulling RLC (reportedly) wages. Now they may be able to keep Kane as he seems a Spud through and through and Alli (owing to his age) for a while yet. However, the others I am not so certain about and I feel Walker will be the watershed.

Quite.  And when do those deals get done?  April May.

On 02/05/2017 at 8:32 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

I never claimed it to be facts, just my opinion. 

It is possible to be the best team in England right now and not winning the league. I stand by my statement - right now, and for a few months now, Tottenham has been the best team in England. 

Did you watch the Arsenal game? It should have been 5-0. 

I stand by mine too, the league table doesn't lie and nor does the fact we've played them 3 times and beaten them twice, once being just a week ago.

This isn't even a slight at Tottenham as I think they've been excellent. They're just not as good as us.

Can't really see any argument that stands up to that.

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

Well we can compare the argument to a marathon runner.Over the course of 26 miles the race winner builds a huge lead but the second placed runner(hopefully) storms back but just fails to win the race.

Now some will say if only the second placed runner had started better.The truth is the winner of the race was better overall.Spurs are a very good team that I enjoy watching,but they are second best to us - that's just a fact.

Brilliantly put.