• Current Donation Goals

Kezza   

Anyone here thinks Arsenal and Man United will feel like it's their obligation to stop us winning the league? I mean I seriously think Jose is the type of person to throw their game. Arsenal not so much but we are London rivals after all.

paulw66   
48 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Anyone here thinks Arsenal and Man United will feel like it's their obligation to stop us winning the league? I mean I seriously think Jose is the type of person to throw their game. Arsenal not so much but we are London rivals after all.

C'mon

Both Arsenal and United going for top 4 and Arsenal have a bigger rivalry with Spurs than they do with us. 

Flinkers   
53 minutes ago, Kezza said:

I'm not expecting any favours from either of them. Not because they wouldn't want us to win, but purely because:

a: Arsenal fold like a house of cards as soon as they're pressured in any way.
b: Manchester United are crippled by injuries, especially in central defence.

I'm hoping that both nick a couple of points though!

Back on the Everton game, it'll all boil down to whether the unlucky aspect of me never (to the best of my memory) seeing us win at Woodison when I've been allocated a ticket in the upper section of the stand is greater or less than the wearing of the 'lucky' socks, pants and shoes!!!!!!!!!

Swapping tiers doesn't work either.

😉😉

Jasonb   
3 hours ago, Kezza said:

My view is both will aim to beat Spurs, Wenger wants the CL so Arsenal basically have to win all their matches at this point. JM likes the limelight and a win against Spurs would give him a chance to pontificate and suggest he has handed us the league as well as boosting their own CL chances. I expect Man U might be the better team to take points off Spurs.

Spurs also face Leicester, will Leicester consider this us a way to thank us for last season stopping Spurs at a vital point?

Leicester have won nothing this season yet might fancy the chance to stop the promotion chasing Spurs.

Spurs also go to Hull who have a good home record since Silva took over and are just above the relegation contenders.

DannyLB   
3 hours ago, Kezza said:

Jose throwing a game? Not a chance.

15 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

My view is both will aim to beat Spurs, Wenger wants the CL so Arsenal basically have to win all their matches at this point. JM likes the limelight and a win against Spurs would give him a chance to pontificate and suggest he has handed us the league as well as boosting their own CL chances. I expect Man U might be the better team to take points off Spurs.

Spurs also face Leicester, will Leicester consider this us a way to thank us for last season stopping Spurs at a vital point?

Leicester have won nothing this season yet might fancy the chance to stop the promotion chasing Spurs.

Spurs also go to Hull who have a good home record since Silva took over and are just above the relegation contenders.

I know two Leicester supporters (one a season ticket holder) and both want to beat Spuds for us and say they owe us one, hopefully that will transmit to the players. As for Utd, if people think Jose is a person to lose a game on purpose then they misunderstand him - while Utd cannot risk putting all their eggs in the Europa basket. As for Arsenal, no chance do they want Spuds to win the league more than us, that is just ridiculous. 

GURJ SS   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

More importantly, a fond farewell to JT. 

Goes without saying, and hopefully he can give motivation to the younger players to stick around, it's a shame that Christiensen won't get a chance to have a spell alongside JT; it did wonders for Zouma before his injury.

GURJ SS   
4 hours ago, Kezza said:

Wouldn't put it past him. As for Arsenal, I don't think they will want Spurs winning it over us.

Blue Rod   
4 hours ago, Kezza said:

Jose is a complex person and I personally wouldn't put anything past him. After his team defeated us he seemed to be offering an open and free tuition on how to defeat us, which I thought was unprecedented. The good thing is, he's between a rock and hard place. He can't afford as much mischief as he would like. I don't favour him to lift the Europa cup. 

I worry more about what Costa is up to than was Jose does. If we had a committed CF it wouldn't matter what anyone else does. 

Edited by Blue Rod