314 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Jose is a complex person and I personally wouldn't put anything past him. After his team defeated us he seemed to be offering an open and free tuition on how to defeat us, which I thought was unprecedented. The good thing is, he's between a rock and hard place. He can't afford as much mischief as he would like. I don't favour him to lift the Europa cup. 

I worry more about what Costa is up to than was Jose does. If we had a committed CF it wouldn't matter what anyone else does. 

Well he made his contribution OK in the last game didn't he Rod?

I think this is the pivotal weekend. Our lead will be one point going into it. 

I just hope after some amazing performances this season we don't throw it away here. 

22 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Our lead will be one point going into it.

We play first.

16 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

We play first.

Do we? My bad!

9 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Do we? My mistake!

Fixed it for you.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well he made his contribution OK in the last game didn't he Rod?

He did a lot more than just OK.  But I seem to recall your remark, that you just can't relax just yet about Costa. That's exactly how I feel. Whatever virus caused his loss of form,  and allowed him the miraculous recovery that we saw against Saints, could just as suddenly return.

1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

He did a lot more than just OK.  But I seem to recall your remark, that you just can't relax just yet about Costa. That's exactly how I feel. Whatever virus caused his loss of form,  and allowed him the miraculous recovery that we saw against Saints, could just as suddenly return.

Maybe, but surely there's at least an equal chance that his success in the last game will fuel his confidence for the next and, hopefully, the remainder of the season.

45 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Maybe, but surely there's at least an equal chance that his success in the last game will fuel his confidence for the next and, hopefully, the remainder of the season.

Or a better chance, given the exaggerated dramas written about the form of any CF, that he just hasn't been that bad anyway.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Or a better chance, given the exaggerated dramas written about the form of any CF, that he just hasn't been that bad anyway.

Well, I think he has been pretty bad. He's missed sitters and contributed little, but in the last game he seemed back to his A-game. I hope you're right and that there is a better than even chance that he'll be on it again against Everton. We really need to win that game and, if we do, I think that'll virtually get us home.

Honestly I think we could lose this game and still win the league. That's not to say I think we will lose it, just saying I could see us winning the last 4 under the hugest pressure.

If Tottenham so much as draw a game we can afford to lose one and draw another.

Forget all that though, let's go and WIN this game. They're very good at home but we're the best team in the league and it's time to show why again.