Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Middlesbrough 0

338 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Middlesbrough at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Monday, 8th May, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Fabregas from the start please.

11 goals from three games after that debacle at Old Trafford. Pretty decent reponse.

Tottenham play on Friday so important to ignore the noises that will undoubtedly spout out from their direction for 3 days temporarily being 1 point behind us.

They're obviously all massive games left now and we should be looking to win all 4 of them. We can afford one slip but it's not about that, it's about us going out there and doing what we've been doing all season long.

Middlesbrough will of course be desperate for a win as they're practically relegated on the night if they don't, but that's not our problem and I hope we do a real number on them.

This game worries me a little bit as when ever I have seen Boro they have been fairly solid, while they have a decent striker up front in Negrado. To be honest, I think there are three worse sides than them in the league. Consequently, I reckon an early goal is really important as overwise this is going to be nervy.

Edited by Conte Kante

Spurs have nine PL wins in a row. And it ended in the north London derby. Mark my words. West Ham will steal a point from them, so we will have the chance to all but seal up the title with our game on Monday. 

14 hours ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Middlesbrough will of course be desperate for a win as they're practically relegated on the night if they don't, but that's not our problem and I hope we do a real number on them.

Hull play Sunderland before this game - if they win, Middlesborough will be down, bar a goal difference miracle, before we play them. I dont know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing for us anymore. We just have to stay very focussed.

Yes, it's the old dilemma: will they make it difficult for us because they're still fighting to stay up or because they're already doomed and therefore playing with no pressure!

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Hull play Sunderland before this game - if they win, Middlesborough will be down, bar a goal difference miracle, before we play them. I dont know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing for us anymore. We just have to stay very focussed.

Even if is a draw, Middlesborough will need to beat us, which means no playing for a 0-0 which is often a worry with the smaller teams.

5-0 like in 1996 when Peacock got a Hat trick