• Current Donation Goals

Blue Rod   
14 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

Prosecco? What is the world (of football) coming to!

Lol; it's Italian, and it doesn't leave you needing a hammer to release the pressure off your head the following morning. It's non pretentious, unlike champagne.  And it's sensibly priced. If you choose the right quality it gets the job done without fuss.  A good Prosecco comes with no artificial additives. You wouldn't find a better drink that symbolises our achievements this season.  

Edited by Blue Rod

Faramir   
5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't even want them to win the coin toss.

Now that is funny!

Faramir   

I'm still enjoying the West Ham win more than a day later. One of the wonderful things about this league is that every team will keep you on honest. Very few free rides. West Ham were spot on with their tactics and their application. Much like we have been for the majority of our games.

Ham   
54 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Lol; it's Italian, and it doesn't leave you needing a hammer to release the pressure off your head the following morning. It's non pretentious, unlike champagne.  And it's sensibly priced. If you choose the right quality it gets the job done without fuss.  A good Prosecco comes with no artificial additives. You wouldn't find a better drink that symbolises our achievements this season.  

Can't argue with that. 🍾

kev61   

Looks likely my bet is going to lose,happy days!.I have never in my life time seen a turn around in the fortunes of a team.

We all get emotional,before,during and after a game.The truth is we have a chef that knows the ingredients and what's needed to get a Michelin star howeverTwo stars is needed for the Champion's league.

Edited by kev61

6 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Surely there's no way for us to lose this now? It would be the biggest choke of all time if we did. 

We're the champions as far as I'm concerned. 6/12 needed. It should be in the bag. 

Coulda shoulda woulda. Nothing is in the bag until it's...in the bag. You know as much as anyone what football can be like Dave. Look at the Chelsea v Palace result. 

9 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Thanks for the explanation, BR, but I do get to go out sometimes and know a bit about Prosecco: I assumed it was the latest fad alcoholic fizzy drink for Women of a Certain Age (it certainly is around where I live), a fad tradition the roots of which date back to the 1950s with Babycham.

I'm pleased to read that a card-carrying member of CFCnet not only buys and drinks Prosecco, but has the cojones to admit it online.

Back on topic, swayed though I am by the preponderance of positivity on here, I still can't relax until the fat lady takes her last deep breath before belting out the song. I fear complacency with Boro after the WHU result, and WB away won't be a walk in the park...

Jasonb   
21 hours ago, Ham said:

1) I'm not being pessimistic but I am prepared to get you £1000 that we won't beat Boro tomorrow. 

2) I'd mainly like to see JT play the remaining fixtures.  A fitting send off. 

Re 1).  haha, you were right as we play them tomorrow not today!

I would prefer to save JT to the last premier match and make sure of the points first.

Assuming complacency is influencing your Boro will beat us theme, I would say this is a test for Conte in making sure the players execute with their killer instinct and beat Boro.