Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Middlesbrough 0

338 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think we need a score prediction from Matt or someone to post " A Night to remember " Just to be certain.

https://g.co/kgs/wQRd4h

There you go. Still feel nervous

On 5/2/2017 at 4:10 PM, A Blue Essien said:

West Ham are terrible, especially at 'home'. They won't get anything. We just have to look after ourselves. 

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha. What were you saying mate? Oh...

Ok then, after thoroughly enjoying trolling myself, we have the small matter of finishing off the job, beginning tonight.

Cesc to start, regardless of whether Kante is fit. Pedro keeps his place, and whilst I'd like to see JT start if Luiz isn't fit, I think Conte may go with Ake, which would be well deserved.

Don't see any complacency to be honest, Conte won't allow it. If anything, there should be a freedom to our play, seeing as the pressure has been lifted.

Should be a cracking atmosphere for what could be the beginning of a decisive and momentous week.  

4 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Cesc to start, regardless of whether Kante is fit

And Chalobah to replace Kante if unavailable.  We can't risk the midfield being so immobile without Chalobah or Kante.

Seems to me a bit odd - if we aren't winning we bring on Fabregas to give ourselves a chance.  If we are winning we bring on Fabregas as an improvement.  Why don't we just play him for the full 90.

On 5/6/2017 at 3:26 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

Is it rational to claim someone said that, when in fact, nobody said what you claim? 

Not literally, no. I appreciate I was exaggerating for artistic effect, but there has been a lot of, "well if we lose game x, y and z and Spurs win all theirs, then we are in trouble"

It is a nonsense really, because it was more prevalent that one Spurs slip left us virtually home and hosed. They needed to win all their remaining games, which was never very likely despite how much people panicked when they destroyed Watford and Bournemouth at home. 

Haven't felt this confident for a home game in ages. Pressure really off after Friday. Gonna spank em

There's a little bit inside me that remembers the play off games and shudders.

I have the feeling Conte won't allow them to drop off now though.

On 5/7/2017 at 11:05 AM, PeteRobbo said:

Not necessarily, probably but not necessarily. Middlesbrough have just recently drawn with Man City; Sunderland, who have looked far and away the worst team in the league have, now that they've finally had relegation confirmed, gone and won at Hull, a team who had been showing markedly improved form prior to that game. Also, WBA away is not as straightforward as many are assuming. No, it's not certain yet. It's overwhelmingly likely, but it's not certain and it needn't necessarily be us choking if we lose a game. It could be the opposition raising their game in the same way as those others whom I've just mentioned, or it could be bad luck, chronic refereeing decisions and so on.

But yes, it should be in the bag.

My thoughts entirely. One game at a time, there's a lot of people talking about West Brom where tonight needs serious attention first. I watched Feyenoord fall flat yesterday (they need 3 points to win the title) and make life difficult for themselves by not doing the work that they had all season. Boro scored twice V City and dont concede many. I think tonight is a dangerous game, if we dont focus (us and the players) it can happen. Of course 2 wins from 4 with this squad is very doable but its not a gimme.

Does anyone know if Luiz and kante are fit?

If we win, the title is ours. No doubt about that. Spurs will know it, and it will be the nail in their coffin. But if we drop points, Spurs will feel like there is a chance, and suddenly pressure is on us again. Conte will have the players fired up for this one. But anything can happen, and if Kanté and Luiz are out, things are going to be difficult against a team fighting against relegation.

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, PeteRobbo said:

It's dangerously close to one

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, PeteRobbo said:

It's dangerously close to one

I think you may be dangerously close to taking the p*** there PR, but since you've always seemed a very nice man I'll forgive you.

(Quote came up twice, can't be bothered to get rid of one of them)

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:07 AM, chelsea_matt said:

Coulda shoulda woulda. Nothing is in the bag until it's...in the bag. You know as much as anyone what football can be like Dave. Look at the Chelsea v Palace result. 

17 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

Exactly. I just do not understand those who think it's in the bag. Boro will fight fight fight for their lives.

Indeed on both counts.  My local team Brighton had the title in the bag and still cocked it up. 

This is our beloved Chelsea, I'm always nervous.  I even find myself saying that even if we lose we'll still be 4 points ahead of Spurs, and don't like the sound of Kante and Luiz maybe being injured.

Kante's just been voted the Football Writers Player of the Year.  Much deserved of course.  Our first double of the season with another one to come hopefully.

Edited by JaneB
1 person likes this