Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Middlesbrough 0

338 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, kev61 said:

What happens next season when we are in the champions league?.This team is not good enough,sorry to be cynical but that is what Conte and the board should be thinking.

Can you see Matic in a Champions league winning team?.The good thing is I think Abramovich will release funds for Conte to bring in his own players.In regards Conte,he must be very tempted to return to Italy - given the money that is dangled in his face and the fact that his family are home birds.

There is no question he will be here for another season - but I think after that is questionable.

Conte's already appears to be looking ahead with regards to the squad and rebuilding (read below). This isn't his first rebuild, he was very active in the market at Juventus in his first two seasons turning the squad over. As long as we back him in the market, don't be surprised if we have a rather active summer.....

Antonio Conte has warned Chelsea that they face a summer of major surgery - regardless of their impending Premier League title success

Conte’s side could be crowned champions within the week if they defeat Middlesbrough on Monday and then win at West Bromwich Albion on Friday, but their manager says they have plenty of work ahead of them in the close season.

Next season’s return to the Champions League has already been guaranteed and while Chelsea are expected to invest heavily again during the summer, player departures are also likely.

Conte is fully determined to face this challenge head on though and knows only too well the process that Chelsea are undertaking, is only at its beginning. He said: “This is a process. I think no one person thought this season that Chelsea could fight to win the title and could fight to be in the final of the FA Cup. For sure, we are in a moment of transition.

“We are losing a lot of top players who have written the story, the history, of this club. This season we lost [Branislav] Ivanovic, we lost [John Obi] Mikel and, next season, we’ll have lost John [Terry] - three players. Don’t forget Oscar, who went in the transfer market when we sold him.”

While Chelsea’s history-makers are heading for the exit door, the future of controversial figure Diego Costa also remains uncertain.

The Spain international is the subject of multi-million pound interest from China and the Premier League champions-elect will do well to resist the temptation of cashing in.

A bullish Conte added: “Now it’s very difficult to face this problem (Costa) and I don’t want to think about this problem. I want to focus on the present and be prepared to face every situation and find the right solution.”

Asked whether new signings are under consideration, he replied: “Yes, for sure. But I think every team risks losing big players.

“My expectation was a great challenge in this league against City, United, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool. Next season for us it will be the same.

“But we have one year to work and then the possibility to go into the market and choose the right players on my idea of football.”

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Certainly. Tell me about your childhood.

(I could compare it with making love to a beautiful young woman. You're doing fabulously well but then you climax a bit early. Happens to the best of us, but the main thing is you got to shag a beautiful young woman. The ending is overly important).

A hoot as usual nb

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

(I could compare it with making love to a beautiful young woman. You're doing fabulously well but then you climax a bit early. Happens to the best of us, but the main thing is you got to shag a beautiful young woman. The ending is overly important).

The best thing is getting to brag about it to your mates for the next 12 months. 

(Obviously I mean brag about the Premiership, not the girl - that would be tasteless!)

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Swiss Toni is that you?!!

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

What happens next season when we are in the champions league?.This team is not good enough,sorry to be cynical but that is what Conte and the board should be thinking.

Can you see Matic in a Champions league winning team?.The good thing is I think Abramovich will release funds for Conte to bring in his own players.In regards Conte,he must be very tempted to return to Italy - given the money that is dangled in his face and the fact that his family are home birds.

There is no question he will be here for another season - but I think after that is questionable.

What an absolute **** post. 

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Fabregas MOTM. Utterly dominant performance from him.

Was a brilliant performance from Cesc last night alright. A genuine masterclass in how to run a game. Mind you, he was helped to a literally incredible degree by the fact that Middlesbrough seemed determined to play in a way that was geared to enabling him to display his talents without any interference from them.  As Kev has said, what was the coach thinking, or was he thinking at all in fact?

However, should Cesc start against the far more in yer' face and aggressive WBA?

5 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Excellent Nobly! Although I'm not sure what Jane might have made of it?

They were absolute toilet. 

Can anyone who was watching on TV shed some light on the potential foul on Costa for a penalty at 0-0 when he had an open goal and appeared to get wiped out?

No pen for me.

That was fun. The whole team played with real freedom and enjoyment. It was a bit of a party atmosphere really. The celebrations have already begun.

Thoughts:

1) Fabregas, first and foremost. He's honestly the best long passer I've ever seen in my life. Only Pirlo compares to him. In terms of short passing, Xavi and Zidane were probably better, but pinging the ball 30-60 yards and landing it on a coin? Unparalleled. 

All said and done, 20 goals for Costa, his best haul. We wouldn't have won the league without him. If he does leave, I'm really going to miss his blind charging runs behind defenders with Cesc picking him out time and time again. We won't have it so good again.

Thought Azpi was brilliant, as were Luiz and Matic. Everyone deserves praise actually. 

2) I suppose the moist praise should go to Conte. It was quite endearing seeing him move to 3-5-2 with 10 minutes to go. Oh Antonio. Never change. Contract extension for him and support him to the hilt in the summer. He's creating something gargantuan. 

3) Let's win it at WBA, shall we? I remember a cracking atmosphere when we lost there in the title winning season. The away support sang, 'We've won the league' for almost half an hour straight while we were 3-0 down. Let's give them a lot more to sing about.

And really, we don't want to delay it. Say we draw and Spurs draw against Man U. That makes us champions but I'd rather not win the league due to an opposition result. Let's do it ourselves.