• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Rubbish.  Conte got Fabregas wrong - has hardly played him and left one of our best 3 players (Fabregas, Kante and Hazard with Costa close behind) on the bench for almost a season while playing the referee.

Conte is due a lot of praise, but nor for his management of Fabregas.

Couldn't be further off the mark - Conte's management of Fabregas' workload has been outstanding. It is one of several reasons we are where we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yes. This is pretty much indisputable. 

So you still think that Matic should start ahead of Fabregas.  good for you for sticking to your opinions right to the last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   

Droy, I understand that you love Fabregas, I understand that you don't like Matic. What I don't understand is that you seem to think that it is always one or the other. They have both played together on several occasions and it has worked whether they do or not. We are going to win the league with what could be the second ever highest points total and we have done it with Matic and Fabregas in the squad. I would like to see Fab play more but I'm not going to berate Conte for his decisions given the position we find ourselves in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Droy, I understand that you love Fabregas, I understand that you don't like Matic. What I don't understand is that you seem to think that it is always one or the other. They have both played together on several occasions and it has worked whether they do or not. We are going to win the league with what could be the second ever highest points total and we have done it with Matic and Fabregas in the squad. I would like to see Fab play more but I'm not going to berate Conte for his decisions given the position we find ourselves in.

No one is saying that on balance Conte hasn't done extremely well.

Just that SD & Ham think he cannot be criticised full stop, and any decision he makes is justified simply because he made it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

Yes.  It is I who is guilty of intransigence.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faramir   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No one is saying that on balance Conte hasn't done extremely well.

Just that SD & Ham think he cannot be criticised full stop, and any decision he makes is justified simply because he made it.

What you are really saying is any decision he makes which disagrees with your opinion is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Faramir said:

What you are really saying is any decision he makes which disagrees with your opinion is wrong.

That is a truism.
And yes, while it would be hard to criticise Conte overall (and I haven't seen anyone try since the change from the zero press), everyone is entitled to say he is wrong on specific points where they disagree with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

That is a truism.
And yes, while it would be hard to criticise Conte overall (and I haven't seen anyone try since the change from the zero press), everyone is entitled to say he is wrong on specific points where they disagree with him.

I agree with this. It's equally true when applied to other managers as well of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kev61 said:

Couldn't agree more Pete,you're coming into a class of your own😄

Generous indeed m'colleague......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
45 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I agree with this. It's equally true when applied to other managers as well of course.

Quite.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.