Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Middlesbrough 0

338 posts in this topic

I'm rather stoic about this one. Forget about Spurs playing 3 days before us, and forget about any configurations that might give Boro a chance, if we are to become champions we've got to win this one, no matter how we do it. I could afford to wet myself thinking about the Everton fixture, but I'll spare myself that discomfort on this one. 

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I believe as a disciple of TSO , Karanka set up his team to be hard to beat , unfortunately he forgot the part about having Drogba and Lampard.

:).......

16 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Even if is a draw, Middlesborough will need to beat us, which means no playing for a 0-0 which is often a worry with the smaller teams.

5-0 like in 1996 when Peacock got a Hat trick

Have to disagree, we are most lethal when other teams push for goals. Who counter attacks better in the league?! 

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I believe as a disciple of TSO , Karanka set up his team to be hard to beat , unfortunately he forgot the part about having Drogba and Lampard.

They never should of let him go. He needed more creative players to get that team to the next level.

6 hours ago, DannyLB said:

Have to disagree, we are most lethal when other teams push for goals. Who counter attacks better in the league?! 

You are agreeing then. I said I am pleased that they have to try and beat us, so will have to attack and allow gaps at the back. 

What worries me is when we face a team who play for a 0-0 and we have no space to counter attack. Boro have to win or they are down. 0-0 is pointless for them 

Do we still owe them one for 1988?

26 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Do we still owe them one for 1988?

Would they not say the same for 97 and 98?

Haha. Yes, I suppose they would. I loved that "score in a minute..." before the game had even started in 98.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's very interesting watching Juve tonight, playing our formation but with more of an AM and two up front. They move the ball much quicker than us and when it's out on the wings you have the 3 attackers getting in the box, much different to our guys who come close and drop deep and end up with 1 in the box. I'd love to see us play with 2 up top.

Edited by ripz

1 hour ago, ripz said:

I'd love to see us play with 2 up top.

I agree. For that to happen though, I think you may have to wait until next season once Conte has (hopefully) brought in the players he wants.