Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Middlesbrough 0

338 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Absolutely! And when you consider the extent of the on-field improvement from this season to last, it's quite staggering. 1st as opposed to 10th. 90+ points compared to 50. A (at least) 46+ goal difference, compared to +6. A minimum of 27 wins with 3 games left to play, compared to last season's total of 12 wins in total. And all done (dare I say it!?) with a squad that is around 5 players smaller than last season's. Major kudos to Conte, his coaches/assistants, and of course, the players!

I think you should compare the players you are counting for 2015/6 with the ones you are counting this year.

we started 15/16 with 19 O21 players including 3 GKs and Djilobdji.  So if you want to claim we had 5 fewer players this season, which ones are you not including?

How many U21s have had starts this season?  Any in the Prem?

Chelsea Squad 2016/17:

Begovic, Courtois, Eduardo, Aina, Ake, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Terry, Zouma, Chalobah, Willian, Fabregas, Hazard, Kante, Loftus-Cheek, Matic, Moses, Batshuayi, Kennedy (back since January), Pedro, Solanke, Costa, Oscar (left in January). Total = 25 (now, 24).

Chesea Squad 2015/16:

Amelia, Begovic, Courtois, Aina, Azpilicueta, Clarke-Salter, Ivanovic, Miazga, Rahman, Terry, Tamori, Zouma, Colkett, Willian, Fabregas, Hazard, Loftus-Cheek, Matic, Mikel, Palmer, Traore, Oscar, Abraham, Pato, Falcao, Kenedy, Pedro, Remy, Costa.  Total = 30.

Now, if you discount the ikes of Aina, Tamori, Colkett, Palmer, Abraham and Clarke-Salter from the 15/16 season because they weren't reallty ready for the first team, that's fair and reasonable. Total then = 24. But then if you do that, then surely you have to discount the likes of Aina, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Solanke, and Terry from this season's squad? Total = 20 (ish).

Still less, NOT more. in fact, not even close to being more! Although, to state the obvious, 'everyone' is entitled to have their own interpretations of these things, and I'm sure that 'they' will............:).

But JT started the first 5 or so games and you want to ignore him.  Surely a joke.
RLC you want to count for 15/16 and not for 16/17 - surely bizarre. (ditto Kenedy)

Essentially every player who played in an emergency (like Kenedy and Miazga) is proof for you that he was an option.  Every player that was not needed in 16/17 is proof of not being an option.

19 over 21 players in 15/16 including 3 GKs, Djilobodji, Falcao and Remy.

We had 18 O21s on the pitch or bench yesterday.  There is no comparison

Oh, dear! Just more of the same: moderately amusing, convoluted rubbish, that doesn't fool anyone. Well done.

On 12/05/2017 at 5:51 AM, Droy was my hero said:

3rd great season out of 4 - and all three have demonstrated a great environment.  
Given how so many have wilfully ignored the real issues of last season, it is no surprise that they are creating a fiction for this one too.

We have now had 9 great seasons of over 80 points and challenging for the title.  There are two common themes - one of them is John Terry.

It would be better to identify the real reason which led to the dramatic change in fortunes from last season to this and that is surely the change from a manager who could not motivate and lead the players to one who has done so in spades and, at the same time, engendered a totally positive atmosphere in and around the club which has resulted in everyone working together to produce our magnificent result. 

All of your verbose spluttering amounts to nothing more than an attempt to suggest that last season's debacle had little or nothing to do with JM's demeanour and performance and that this season might have been achieved just the same if he'd been retained.

I don't think so.

Well I for one am knackered.Unfortunately my work is in the town where I live.The amount of times I've heard the likes of 'you're ****ed if Kante doesn't play','you're nothing without Costa','If you hadn't got Hazard you would never win the league'.When I explain our form really hasn't dipped(other when every team goes through a bad patch) when any player is absent,some would smirk as if I was a ******.

I really can't believe what we have achieved in such a short time and the way we have went about it.Look at our stat's - most wins and highest goal scorers and third best defensive record( should be second but for the fox hole tactics of Mourhino) are the sort of stat's that really matter.

Anyway looking forward to utd losing tomorrow,and with Liverpool playing as well, the utd gathering will get a hard time in the pub,whilst I will smugly rise above it.

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

some would smirk as if I was a ******.

Sorry Kev, but we don't use that word on ths site.

1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry Kev, but we don't use that word on ths site.

Yep sorry Michael wrong choice of word,a tired mind to blame.I would go to bed but my wife and her sister are having a Eurovision party and I'm a very light sleeper.